❄9) Changing 🍀

"I don't care about some stupid crow!" The rude boy smacked the poor creature off of his shoulder and went to grab one of the children's hair.

"Stop!" You gasped as Tanjirou held you back, "Tanjirou..!"

"Let go of her this instant!" He grabbed the temperamental male, "If you don't, I will break your arm..!"

After Tanjirou successfully pulled the boy away, you ran over to the shocked girl, "Let me heal you, please."

You asked for her hands and she complied, "All better." She and others looked at you in awe for a while.

Once you had picked out your metal ore, they had excused you to leave as you must.

Your exit out of the final selection grounds was quite emotional. Both you and Tanjirou went through some crazy stuff back there.

"What do you think Mr Urokodaki will say?" You nudged your friend.

He seemed deep in sad thoughts, so you changed your question, "You good?" He didn't answer.

You sighed, pulling him to stop on the open road, "Tanjirou."

He finally looked up at you, his guilt filled eyes making you relate to him so much.

"Is it about your sister?" He winced in remorse at the mentioning, "Is it about curing her?"

Gradually he spoke, "I didn't manage to ask them... If it had ever been possible to reverse a demon..."

You held his cheeks, "Tanjirou, you have to stop worrying like this, take it from me, there must be some sort of cure! You just have to keep up the resilience. Okay?"

He flushed red, once again, and you were beginning to think he...

No...

It wasn't like that.

You let his warm cheeks go immediately, walking ahead, "Let's go then."

////////// Back at the house...

You and Tanjirou had finally made it back to your trainer, and were delighted to see Nezuko practically kick down the door.

"Nezuko!" You waved at her, as Tanjirou chose to glomp her in a hug which you joined in.

He was mildly healed, so his wounds were not that restricting.

"Why did you suddenly fall into a coma like that! I thought you were dead!" Your beloved master then joined the hug also.

"You finally came back!"

////////// 15 days later

You were sat outside, watching as Tanjirou constantly poked his head out the door to look at an approaching man.

"Uh, Urokodaki-San, is that the person we were expecting?"

"Stop freaking out, it's the man with our swords..." You yawned, these past couple of days you really struggled to sleep, you didn't know why.

You took your blood, but it almost wasn't working at all, you were still fatigue. You knew what it could be, and worried for Tanjirou's safety. Around you.

But you pushed it to the side for now as the man introduced himself, "My name is Hageneduka. I am the one who has forged these blades for Tanjirou Kamado, and (Y/n) (L/n)."

While Tanjirou seemed captivated with the wind chimes on the man's hat, you focused on his bag on the dirty floor, "You could always bring the swords inside."

You frowned under your mask as he completely ignored you, "Ah yes, these were made with a metal, sourced up in the mountains where the sun always shines..."

You sighed, going inside.

"Wait there, you miss!" He called you, "That specific shade of (H/c), those (H/l) locks... And that hairpin!" He pointed out your family's traditional emblem, kept in your hair.

 And that hairpin!" He pointed out your family's traditional emblem, kept in your hair

"The snow plum blossom..." He expertly recognised it, "You're a child of the Spring clan! 'Goddess of Spring'! This sword could turn white!" He fanboyed.

He turned to Tanjirou, shocking the boy with his weird mask, "You're a child of Fire! You have red hair and eyes! This sword could turn red! Right, Urokodaki?"

"Right." Your teacher responded.

//////////

You were all sat down, and Tanjirou was given his sword first, "The blade will change colour depending on who holds it."

Tanjirou took out his sword from the scabbard while you were given yours.

"It's changing!" He gasped, "It's black." His cheeks were red in awe.

The two men were disheartened by the colour, your master explaining that it usually meant the swordsman wouldn't go far.

In the midst of their bickering, only Nezuko silently witnessed as your unsheathed blade turned crystal white, humming in delight.

"Hey guys, check it out!" Your hands struggled to keep hold of it however, the handle was ice cold, "The handle is a bit freezing, but I guess I will forget in combat."

Hageneduka watched in amazement, dropping your friend out of a restrictive headlock.

"Amazing... Child, you are gifted.."

"H-Hey! I'm gifted too!" Tanjirou pouted as you received praise.

"You can put the blade down now." Your teacher patted your back.

You turned to him, "Oh, I wish I could, but my hands are stuck now." You fell over, completely out of balance as everyone laughed, but Nezuko.

She decided to crawl over to lay next to you playfully.

Guess you need some gloves...

Next chapter may have to be tomorrow, but I will try for today!

Thanks for reading!