❄52) Sunshine 🌺

Your smile slowly disappeared when you still felt the ominous presence of the small demon. His selfish perseverance to survive was truly irritating.

"T-Tanjirou, he isn't dead.." You struggled to stand, "And the sun.."

Both you and Tanjirou looked up as the clouds gradually opened up, "Nezuko!!"

You watched as his sibling ran out into the open field trying to stop the demon from getting away.. But her skin turned blotchy and full of scabs as he tried to shade her.

'Have I done enough..'

The sound of footsteps came closer to you, and tears started pouring down your burning cheeks.

'Was that enough to be forgiven... Kami?'

You reached up, the rays slowly setting your hands on fire, "Does my story finish here..?"

"What are you on about Ugly..?" You gasped looking up to meet eyes with Genya, "Your hands are still there."

The disbelief that ran through you as a body knocked you over into the grass and the miracle, no, blessing that had touched your heart...

It made you weep.

"Beat the sun, we beat sun!!"

Her sweet words rang through your ears for the first time, and your voice cracked as you let all your emotions leak.

"We did it Nezuko!!" You cried as she hugged you for a while.

"Come!" She pulled you up to where the sun had risen, "Sun.."

Your grip on her hand tightened as you saw Tanjirou return, shock on his face when he registered everything.

"(Y/n)... Nezuko..!" He ran over to the both of you.

But you could definitely feel the exhaustion in his body, his chest area producing excessive heat.

He glomped you both in a hug, starting to cry as well, "Thank the Gods.."

"Th-Thank Gods.. Are okay.." Nezuko gave him a fanged grin.

It had dawned on Tanjirou that you were both still demons, however, that didn't stop how ecstatic he felt.

"So great.."

The moment Nezuko said those words, the boy fell over, the exhaustion hitting him like a wave.

"Tanjirou, let me heal you!" You held his hands whilst Nezuko kept him up straight, "Always overworking yourself.."

////// Some place else...

Glass vials were dropped to the ground, books scattered upon the expensive floor.

In the middle of it all stood one boy...

A fairly young boy.. A demon boy at that.

And he couldn't have been any happier that there would be no more need for foolish toils..

Searching for a damned flower or having to fear that he could never be the ultimate superior.

"The chosen demon..." He smiled as one maid before him was killed, "And of course... Someone to spend my long life with.."

He turned to the last standing maid, her hands shaking uncontrollably at the sight of his true grown form.

"If I eat that girl, I can actually defeat the sun!!" He yelled in joy whilst the last girl tried to escape.

"M-Monster!!"

Blood splattered onto the wall and floor at the raising of his hand.

Kibutsuji Muzan was on a new mission...

One that would be bloody and vicious.

One that would be the demise of Nezuko, and the beginning of a lifetime with you.

//////

"Tanjirou, are you okay?" The mellow voice belonging to Tokitou travelled to his ears as you healed him.

"Thank safe, sword... Thanks.." Nezuko's brain was rattling for words as you smiled.

"So anyway what's happening to you and Nezuko, (Y/n)?"

You were about to answer, had the Love Pillar herself not bombarded the whole group into a tight hug.

"WAHHHH!! We won, we won!!!" She sobbed as you blushed, "We're all alive thank the Gods!!"

"Blushing are we, Genya-kun?" You smiled as he turned away from your closeness.

"Thank Gods!"