❄59) Lightning 🌺

The demon, now known as Kaigaku seemed about ready to end all of this and make easy work of the two of you.

But you couldn't help but feel the surging force of intense willpower coming from the man before you.

Yes, you had watched him become a truly stronger and braver man.

The air was thick and the staredown was deadly but delicate. Even your breathing slowed to almost nothing to avoid disturbing the moment.

'His aura is so determined..' Your eyes widened as he got ready to speak.

"You a pillar now..?" Kaigaku slurred carelessly, "Can you even use anything else besides the first form?"

Zenitsu tiled his head, a dead expression fuelled with hatred stuck on it as he spoke lowly.

"You sure seem happy to play stopgap as the bottom rung upper moon..."

Zenitsu's statement caused the demon to scoff in disbelief, "Heh, you can talk back now!"

A sad yet furious aura settled around the blonde as he looked down again.

"Why did you," He cluthed his hands into tight fists, " A perfect successor have to become a demon..?"

"Hahaha, well you have no-"

"IF YOU HADN'T BECOME A DEMON, GRAMPS WOULDN'T HAVE KILLED HIMSELF!!!"

Your hands flinched, wanting to instantly comfort your crying companion. You gasped finding tears pricking at the edges of your own eyes.

"He suffered such a long and agonizing death slitting his own stomach," His voice grew hoarse, "Nobody could put him out his misery quick enough.."

You tears doubled over as his past was finally uncovered..

"ALL BECAUSE A USER OF THE LIGHTNING BREATH DEFECTED TO THE DEMONS!"

To your hurt and disgust, Kaigaku seemed anything but bothered by this news of such a saddening ending to a kind man.

"But that's not my problem," He laughed, raising a claw filled hand, "I have no intention to reflect on what I did!"

You growled, standing up straight, "B-But that man was your master!!! He taught you everything you fight with now!!"

Kaigaku faced his head towards your shaking form, "Hmm? I stick to those who value me correctly!"

"He is the reason you have any value you ungrateful bastard!!" You screamed, "I couldn't even imagine doing something like this.. To my sensei.."

' Mr Urokodaki..'

"I'm actually glad he died a painful death," He brushed off your words, "I was never good enough for him, he always said we could share the succession.. Bullshit!!"

In the corner of your eye you caught the shaking fists belonging to Zenitsu, and looked up to see his face.

And it was livid.

"Gramps was nothing like how you described him," He pointed a veiny hand at the demon, "If I'm dirt then you're trash. You can use all but the first breath."

In a flash, huge black and vicious thunder bolts crashed to the ground as Kaigaku used his first move.

"DON'T PUT ME TOGETHER WITH THE LIKES OF YOU!!" He swung his blade with immense speed,