❄40) Hurt 🍁

*SPOILER WARNING*

You could only sit and watch as both powerful males battled it out, fists to blade in a long test of endurance.

"How long will he hold up for.." You glanced at the pillar as he kept up his guard, "I can't do anything more.."

Your fists balled up in your skirt as Rengoku fought with all his might, gradually gaining more and more injuries as the battle ensued.

"Don't die on me, Kyoujurou." Akaza frowned in a mocking manner, as your friend grunted.

You were sure he was bleeding unhealthy amounts, yet he still stood firm in his place. Even Inosuke seemed agitated as he too could only watch. The two men before you three were way out of your league, their speeds unmatched.

"Even if you fight with the intention to sacrifice your body, it's all pointless, Kyoujurou, " Akaza gestured to his healing chest wounds, "All your wonderful attacks have healed already."

Your lips parted in a frown from the demon's confirmation of your horrific medical predictions.

"Your left eye is smashed, your ribs are broken, and your organs are wounded, " You looked down in shame, "No matter how much you struggle, humans can't beat demons."

"R-Rengoku!! You cannot fight anymore, your wounds... I won't be able to heal them anymore if you continue!!" You cried out as the man shook his head, a smile on his bleeding face.

"I will fulfil my duties, I won't let anyone here die!" Your tears began to fall down your cheeks, "(Y/n), your kindness has reminded me of my mother. She would be so proud."

He turned back, "Full focus breath... Breath of Fire; Eso Terica.."

'Kyoujurou... Your life was in the palm of my hands..'

"Ninth style, Purgatory!!" He left a huge fire trail in his wake, a swirling tornado of flames burning towards the demon.

'But yet, you looked back to me, a demon girl... With such pity in your eyes..'

"Destructive Kill: Obliteration style!!"

'..You left my selfish embrace to protect my worthless life.."

The large clouds blocked the others' view, but you could see it. You could see it crystal clear in red, yellow and blue vision.

The cold arm that distinctively pierced through the waist of the warm body.

'..At the cost of your own.'

"KYOUJUROUUUU!!" You sobbed as Inosuke attempted to push back the demon.

"Breath of the Beast; First style, Pierce and Extract!!"

Despite the teen's attempt at cutting the demon's neck, Akaza was still able to escape death's close grasp and he jumped back leaving the pillar critically wounded.

The killer leapt away into the shade as the sun made its presence known, and you scrambled over to the weak man.

His breathing was growing weaker each second, and you held his hands desperately trying to heal him as he sat, frowning at your state.

"(Y/n).." Your head snapped up as tears leaked out your mask.

"D-Don't worry Kyoujurou!" You shook your head, your hold on his hands, growing stronger, "I'll heal you up, then we c-can go out f-for that big meal!"

He sighed, pulling you into a weak hug as you cried, "We can have a huge feast.. I promise!"

He chuckled at your sincerity, "I am running out of time, so hear me out guys, come close.."

All three of you let the dying man have his last few words:

"You should try and go to my parents house, the Rengoku house, Tanjirou.." The said boy flinched in shock, "There should be a book containing some notes about the Dance of the Fire God, you speak of.."

"R-Rengoku-san... Please stop the bleeding with your breaths.." The red-head sobbed as you buried your head into the mans cloak to remember his scent.

Orange, and.. Musky earth..

"It's useless Tanjirou.. The wounds are too severe." You pulled away, "Is there anything else, Kyoujurou?"

He nodded, "Tanjirou, I want you to tell my little brother, Senjurou, to tell my Father..to look after his body."

"You all have ways to grow.. And next time, you will all become Pillars.. I truly believe in you all."

Whilst everyone was busy sobbing their hearts out, you watched closely with glassy eyes, as the life gradually leaked out of Kyoujurou's.

You held his warm cheek as he looked up beyond you, "Your death is but a grain of sand amongst your ocean of good deeds, Aniki."

Your lips graced his forehead as his soul traveled to the after life and he gloriously left his legacy behind.

Who the hell's cutting onions😢😢😢😢😢

I am too depressed ughhhhh, R.I.P Rengoku..

Thanks for reading I guess..💔