❄57) Channeling 🌺

You lunged forward and aimed your sharp nails towards the man's eyes, "Blood Demon Art; Crimson Blossoms!"

You tried to channel your demon art to aid your strength so that the fight would be quicker. And your skin became decorated with the small red blossoms once again.

"Oh, wonderful!" Douma just about managed to dodge your jab, his cheek bleeding slightly, "Those roses are beautiful.."

His flirtatious mocking was aggravating to your soul, "Would you just.. Be quiet!!"

He raised his fans and swung them down your way, "Blood Demon Art; Barren Hanging Garden!"

In an instant, a rush of razor-sharp hits scarred your arms and legs, "Damn it..!"

He smirked at your clear wounds, however, in your state, the recovery time was not too long. His smug laughter was cut short as your breaths grew shorter and your lips let out cold air.

"Alright, time to get serious, " You crouched down and your pupils turned slit-like, "Breakpoint: Feral!"

A rush of adrenaline pumped through your veins as he watched in hidden awe as your demeanour did a full-scale change. Your long sharp nails grew cold as you growled.

He blinked as you readied to pounce and smiled, "Hi neko!"

His words slowly made less and less sense as you licked your fangs, only grunts and growls left your mouth.

"Lotus Vines!" He managed to summon a bunch of vines constructed of ice your way.

Their sharp ends easily pierced your flesh, but an even colder more imminent type of frost grew over the spears, and in a pattern of distinctive flowers.

"W-What is this?" He looked in confusion as the vines broke into dust, "You're a tough one, aren't you.. But I assure you, the pain will settle in soon.."

"What?" You hissed, just as a wave of excruciating pain fell over your ripped flesh, "AAGH!"

Tears fell down your cheeks as you dropped to your hands and knees, 'This pain.. M-Make it s-stop..'

Those words repeated in your mind, tormenting your thoughts and heart, "Make it STOP!!!"

And that was when you lost your humanity for a moment, denting the concrete ground as you leapt for him. Pure shock was etched into his pale face as you clawed at his throat, making him fall over.

NO MERCY.

His cries of pain resonated within your ears, but so blinded by your newfound torment, it made no change in your intentions.

To kill.

You raised your hand once more to fully decapitate his deformed head, your face covered in blood and void of emotion as a lone tear fell out your eye.

'Hold it together, please my darling!'

"O-Oka.. O-Okaa-san..?" You croaked out, throat burning as the man stopped struggling.

His mouth healed back as you halted in all movement, "Must be nice to care for dead family members."

Your eyes trailed from looking up, and back to the demons fully regenerated face.

"W-We'll continue this." Your nails shrunk as you got off of him, "But I swear, the next time I see you... One of us will die. And it won't be me."

You rushed to get out the cell, leaving him in a daze on the floor, "Hm, what a nice date~!"

You sprinted through the vast maze of confusing hallways, the smell of death always lingering with every step you took.

Until you came to a stop as the shine of a familiar white blade shone in one of the many moonlit rooms.

"How lucky of me.." You approached the sword, the keychain making your soul calmer than before, "I won't lose you again.."

You felt whole again as the handle fit perfectly in your gloved hands once more.

But your smile dropped as soon as you registered another presence, "Show yourself."

You turned around after a few shaky breaths, and sure enough, a tall body stood before you. The moonlight gradually showing two pairs of red eyes upon a pale face.

But as you approached him, his eye count tripled, revealing a total of six. This left you startled as he stood unshaken by your bloody appearance.

He held one hand by his side, the other perched gently above his sword. And as you squinted hard enough, the cursed mark on his temple made your heart drop.

A breath escaped your lips as you stumbled back towards the door, "Th-That face.. It can't be.. Related to Muichiro!"

His eyes widened slightly as you uttered the boy's last name, "That name." He reached out to you, but in a flash, you left.

No matter how much shock this encounter had caused you, your need to get back was first in line. And as foolish as you thought it was, you still chose to run away like a coward, unable to face the truth.

 And as foolish as you thought it was, you still chose to run away like a coward, unable to face the truth

'Is he a distant relative..?'

You didn't have time to think, you need to move, and fast!!