❄37) Winning 🍁

After a minute more of running along the huge train, your small group finally managed to reach the front.

And both you and Inosuke jumped down to meet up with Tanjirou in the cramped control room.

'A man?'

You took out your sword as the person turned around quickly, and instantly huge mounds of flesh grew in the room.

"Look out, Inosuke!" Tanjirou called to the boy as he leapt for the man.

Multiple hands reached out to grab the masked boy, but Tanjirou managed to cut all of them down in a flash,

"Breath of Water; Sixth style, Swirling Vortex!"

You also found your leg almost fully wrapped by the disgusting hands, but you chopped them to a halt,

"Breath of Snow; First style, Snowflake blade!"

All the hands within your perimeter were frozen by your temperature drop, and your freezing blade made easy work of them.

"Inosuke, (Y/n)!" You turned to your teammate as he fought, "The demon's neck is right below us!"

You nodded, even though you had already seen the infrared vision "Got it!"

You focused your next attacks to the ground of the small room as the others bickered.

"Don't boss me around! I'm the boss here!" Of course, Inosuke took offence to the simple message.

The hot-headed male barged your body easily, " 'Scuse me (Y/n)!"

He held his blades back, "Breath of the Beast; Second fang, Rip and Tear!"

In seconds, he managed to cut a cross into the flooring in the cramped room, and sure enough, the spine of the demon was exposed.

Tanjirou saw this as a perfect time to make a great hit,

"Breath of Water; Eighth style, Waterfall Jar!!"

"Damn!" You cursed as the demon managed to regenerate hands to get in the way of your friend's attack, "We have to perform a combo attack!"

Tanjirou nodded, "Yeah, and match our breaths!"

"One will deliver the final blow, and two will tear the flesh!" Your hands grew slightly numb due to the cold temperature, "We have to hurry, I am reaching my limit!"

Both males nodded, "I see, I'll give you some praise! Good idea guys!"

Your brow twitched as Inosuke straight up complemented the suggestion.

'Oh, he's being nice now..'

Just as you all readied to attack, tonnes of eyes bombarded the room, and Tanjirou grew agitated.

'Coerced Swooning Sleep: Eyeballs.'

They all focused on the three of you, "G-Guys, cut your neck in your dreams! That'll wake you up!"

"What do you mean- Tanjirou!?" You tried to keep the demon hands at bay whilst his sleeping body laid on the ground.

"It won't work on me you baka!" You turned to the other fighting teen, "And Inosuke's stupid hat blocks out the eyes!"

Said male snapped his head to you, "SHUT UP YOU BLOODSUCKER!"

This made your eye twitch, but you shook your head as Tanjirou got back up, "Point is: this is real! You're not in a dream!"

"Don't get caught in any traps!" Inosuke yelled, dodging an incoming attack, "Don't die in such a lame way!"

Whilst he was busy bossing everyone, the wild teen hadn't even noticed the driver running to him with a deadly dagger.

Your feet wanted to move, but more of the demon mounds spread over your legs, hindering your rescue attempt.

"Tanjirou!" He had leapt in front of his comrade, blocking the hit with his own body, and as a consequence, he was stabbed.

'Stupid boy!' Your eyes watered as you destroyed the demons around your body.

"Don't get in the way of my dreams!" The conductor stood firm as Tanjirou tried to hold the dagger from doing any more severe damage.

With one huge breath, you pounced over to the man and knocked him out with the hilt of your sword.

"You okay?" You winced for the boy as he wobbled, "Stupid question, again.."

He nodded, regaining balance, "No, it's not (Y/n), I am alright!"

He turned to a busy Inosuke, "We have to cut the demon's neck now or Zenitsu and the others won't last!"

"Hurry!" You called to both boys, "I'll make a ramp for you, Inosuke!"

You placed a shaky hand onto the ground and tried to channel your energy into every enemy fibre before you.

As a result of your burst in freezing power, all flesh that was gradually growing too big to cut down was froze still, but not dead.

"Breath of Snow; Eighth Style, Mount of Frost!"

Usually, this would make it easy to chop down larger opponents, but right now, Inosuke used it to gain higher grounding for his attack.

"Thanks shrimp!" He leapt up as you panted from exhaustion, "Breath of the Beast; Fourth style, Mince to Bits!!"

He managed to make the opening above the spine of the demon even larger to Tanjirou's advantage.

He seemed to be in a deep thought moment, and soon, fire danced on his body whilst he clutched his blade.

You gasped as you recognised those unique and powerful flames, 'His father's Dance of Flames style!'

He looked up with determination, and sped forward to the huge weak point,

"Dance of The Fire God; Blue Heaven!"

He twisted his body mid-air as his blade lit up in scorching flames.

The special attack made quick work of the giant demon, and the front of the train fell off, creating a huge dangerous opening.

And despite your team's well-earned victory, of course, bad luck had to bust the door open for a grand entrance.

You lost your footing, falling backwards out the train, and your fears consumed you one after the other as the boys shouted out to you.