❄73) Blaming 🌷

A huge scream and the crashing of feathers in your face took you out of your little friendship meeting. You yanked the small invader from your view and coughed up some sort of fluff.

"What the-- Yuki?!" You watched her struggle against your hold, "Calm down!"

"Whooo, well I would love too.. but you're right next to the DEMON!!" She smacked your head with her wings, "Mitsuri is here now!"

Had Yuki not informed you, your blade wouldn't have deflected her flexible hit from afar for your new aquantaince.

You gritted your teeth as Yuki backed from the scene, "Damn it.. I didn't think this part through."

You glanced at the demon besides you, a small smile sent his way, "This reminds me of a long time ago.."

"Hey!!" You turned your head to the pink haired woman, her blush increasing as you sighed, "Wh-why are you stood by it!?"

You gulped, trying to find the right words, "He is my problem. Anything he does wrong will be at my consequence."

This made her cover her mouth, a small laugh escaping her lips, "You can't adopt every demon you see.. I'm sorry (Y/n), but I can tell this demon is very.. e-evil.."

A frown made it's way onto your lips.. You never wanted to make your first fight with her like this. You admired her, and the thought of disobeying her sweet commands made your heart pang.

You clutched your blade, Mitsuri tilting her head, "I guess there's only one way to sort this."

She soon caught on, her stance slouching as she pouted, "I hate this, b-but I was summoned here for a reason..!"

Both blades at the ready, you had already activated your infrared vision, her limbs slightly decorated in light wounds here and there. Not much, but it would defiantly buff her flexible hits..

'She must have been fighting another demon..' You stood in front of Oshi, breathing steady.

He honestly couldn't have felt so conflicted.. On one hand, he was angry with you; that he had regained his ability to move, yet something about his aura told him to stay down..

And on the other, he was scared to admit it.. but he had somehow managed to entrust you with his life.. You would've taken it, had it not been for his deeply rooted outburst.

You took a step forward, "Breath of Snow.."

Your eyes quickly recited over her clear weak points, aiming to make minimal damage, but catch her off guard nonetheless.. Who were you kidding, this was the Pillar of Love!

"Breath of Love; Shivers of First Love!" She ran ahead, taking large scale swings which were unbelievably difficult to dodge or counter.

Your blade faltered for a moment when she cut your thigh mid-jump, but when you twisted behind her you chose then to attack.

"Seventh style; Northern Lights!" You began spinning in a defensive manner, deflecting the majority of her hits.

She never stumbled backwards, even when you built up a plethora of tension in your arms for strength. She never budged.

You on the other hand, were a panting mess, yet your Blessed mark and overall will to protect Oshi made up for the fatigue.

'Why doesn't she leave him alone..?' Your thoughts were stuggleing to make sense as you were knocked back, 'I know she can tell he is still down by his own choice now..'

She noticed how you were passively fighting, your mind was a catastrophe zone and she backed away once more.

"Hey, I don't wanna hurt you, " She covered her mouth, "But..  I left Iguro to defeat a demon, not just talk!"

You stood back before Oshi, your balance only a miniscule amount off, Mitsuri taking your movement as a firm disagreement.

"I'm sorry Mitsuri.. but I can't allow you to disregard my declaration, " You pointed your sword, "I solemnly swore to take duty over him, yet you don't trust my words?"

".. (Y/n).." Her eyes widened as she felt a course of guilt overcome her, "I-"

"You break the cycle of vicious man eating demons by killing them, " You looked at how she readied to attack, "As the Love pillar; wouldn't you say that they deserve a little faith? You follow orders with a light heart, but do you know the consequence..? They receive no chance of reconciliation with humans that way.."

A weak gasp escaped your lips as you rushed back to Oshi, having seen Mitsuri attack in his open direction..

A splash of crimson blood hit the ground as you fell to your knees in devastation.

Mitsuri hadn't even comprehended her action, slowly moving back before letting out a high shriek.

"N-No.."

Your hand bled as you held back the sword with your bleeding fingers, your stomach slightly pierced as she hesitated to push further. Right behind you was Oshi's head..

Your eyes never moved from hers, your stomach muscles tightening to reduce the Nichirin damage..

"I'm sorry, " You slowly pulled it out of your stomach, "..But how you just felt now, is why I spared this demon's life.."

Your eyes were dangerously shadowed as she clenched her jaw.

"Please let m-me do what I must.." She attempted to protest, but you saw her tears hit the ground, "I-I.. It's not like I want to.."

"Simple then, " You scoffed at her, "Just, don't do it."

Sorry for the lack of updates for the umpteenth time!!

*ya girl is ill no morreeee*

Thanks for reading!❤