❄2) Redemption 🍀

"Thank you for the compliment, but I have to get going." You brushed his moment of appreciation to the side and started to turn to leave.

He didn't make a sound, and managed to trip you up on the spot with the hilt of his katana, "Have a second to consider."

You turned onto your back and glared at him, "Consider what?" You spat, "I don't wish to get involved with the likes of you."

"You will get your due revenge, (Y/n)." He looked deep into your eyes as you caught your mask he threw to you, "Giyu Tomioka. Your name is on it."

You could almost make out a smirk on his plain features, and it made your blood boil, "You are disrespecting my privacy, and what could you possibly know about my revenge!"

"I know that your family was murdered two years ago, and you were the last one left behind.. But it wasn't you who killed them.. It was a man named-"

Even though from the way he spoke, you would assume he wrote the letter, you knew it wasn't him. He didn't know your name, and he had the initial intention of making you dead. Both of which your mysterious saviour knew and saved you from.

You stopped him midsentence, placing a finger to your mouth, "I heard a scream."

He too noticed this and held out a hand, "Accept this as payment for 'disrespecting' your privacy."

Your cheeks flushed out of anger, and you grabbed his gloved hand, nails purposefully digging past them. He had actually pulled you a bit too close, and you both broke apart, you fixing your mask on, flustered.

"After this, tell me about that man." He nodded briskly, running ahead, with you following.

You soon both reached the edge of a cliff, with Giyu advancing in an instant.

In the last moment that you had seen him draw his katana out to make a godly attack at the girl's head; you realised how lucky you were, and how much sheer power he held back.

He was truly a Demon Slayer.

He stood back a few steps, in shock as he realised he missed, instead cutting the victim's tied up hair.

You felt a rush of adrenaline in your veins, as the large girl, shrunk down into a petite frame.

'She is like me..'

You jumped down from the edge and landed near a tree, still in shock, as Giyu snatched the girl from the boy. His look of pure disgust towards her made you feel slightly hurt.

The thought that he had initially felt that way about you made you upset for some reason.

The boy, now coming to his senses shouted in horror, "Please, no! Don't hurt her, spare her life I beg you.." He bowed his head down, the shakiness of his body signalising fright and sadness.

You felt the need to help him, but decided it would be better to stay put for now..

Witnessing his cowardly attitude, Giyu showed emotion in his face for the first time, reprimanding the young male's lack of strength.

"Never leave yourself defenceless in front of an enemy!" Even you flinched as you heard his outburst, "If you want something, you must fight for it!"

However angry he attempted to show himself as, you caught a glimpse of his true affection to the young man. His words were all covertly pure encouragement, and it made your heart swell.

You clutched your yukata near your chest, 'His words affect my mood so much.'

Your eyes watered as he continued, "I should've skewered you both!"

The moment he exclaimed those words, he attempted to stab the girl.

However, with a battle cry the boy tactically threw a rock at Giyu, having previously tossed a weapon into the air.

Your confusion doubled as he ran ahead, his hands empty, but Giyu was busy dodging the small projectile.

'The hatchet!' You gasped as he had only just missed its sharp blade, his amazement etched onto his features.

He didn't see that coming too...

But just as quick as he managed to escape the attack, he knocked the boy out with the hilt of his sword.

And a flash of worry and sadness grew onto the girls face as she broke free to protect her brother.

You stood up, her protecting stance purely admirable in your eyes, 'Nezuko...'

She leapt for Giyu, and your feet moved on their own. In no time, you had kicked her upwards, knocking her out cold.

You caught her body, laying her down next to her brother, "So kind.."  You shakily whispered, your tears pattering on her cheeks.

Your eyes widened, hands wiping your cheeks as they constantly flowed, "I'm c-crying.."

The crunching of snow caught your attention, and you turned back to feel a lone hand rest atop your head.

It didn't matter how fast the moment was, the comforting effect it had would surely be lifelong.

As he backed away, you made sure to remember his scent.

Pinewood and lavender...

You smiled, tears halting under his stare, "Do not waste your tears."

You shook your head standing up, "I want to seek forgiveness.. Lead me on my path to redemption Giyu..."

He blinked at this, "It won't be easy (Y/n)."

"Then I will go through the needed training, I will find out my true power and use it to do good!" You panted, cheeks flushed from your heartfelt speech, "A-and when I have succeeded, we will meet again... So I can tell you all about it.."

You looked down, "I am sure you will be fine. You will come to learn of the man soon enough." A smile graced your face, and you focused your bright features towards him.

He seemed pleased with your newfound bravery, and motioned to the waking boy. You made your way next to Giyu and watched as the brother held his sister close. It was sweet and made you relax a bit.

"You're awake..." Giyu's voice clearly frightened the boy as he clutched the girl.

He turned to you, "(Y/n), go with them to a man named Sakonji Urokodaki who lives at the foot of Mount Sagiri. Tell him Giyu Tomioka sent you."

You nodded and approached him, "Thank you, Giyu.."

He never responded, probably keeping his facade up. You smiled knowingly as he gave you a stoic stare and left in a flash.

You turned back to the teens, "I am sure you wish to bury your family... Please do so, then we will make our way to Urokodaki."

"Y-You're a demon.." He seemed slightly on edge, "But you're not giving off any evil aura."

You gave him a reassuring nod, "I don't eat humans.. So you don't have to fear.."

You sat at the base of a tree, "Take your time."