❄8) Unity 🍀

"Tell me, fox boy... Right now, what Meji emperor sits upon the throne?" He looked up in thought as Tanjirou stammered out an answer.

"T-The Imperial family is Taisho!" He bravely answered, clutching his weapon.

Tanjirou stood in confusion as the demon began spitting out your master's name with hatred, "Damn Urokodaki! Damn him! Again and again!"

"How do yo-"

"Oh, I know him! Urokodaki is the one who captured me! I will never forget! It's been 47 torturous years!" The demon focused on your sleeping body, "Back in the Edo period, the Keio era, when he was still a Demon Slayer!"

The boy behind you stood up, "No demon has been alive that long, lies!" He cried out, "You're lying, they only put demons in here that have eaten two to three humans!"

The demon laughed, "But I have survived a very long time, in this prison of wisteria blossoms." He grinned, "I have eaten 50 of you brats!"

This caused Tanjirou to stumble slightly at the next fact the demon counted, "12...13... You are number 14."

"What are you talking about?" Tanjirou questioned in surprise.

"That's how many of Urokodaki's students I have eaten!" He covered his mouth to have a fit of laughter, "I decided to kill them all!"

Tanjirou swore he could've thrown up from disgust, "Yes indeed, all but two I will never forget." He faced Tanjirou, "One had a colourful jacket, and was by far the strongest... He had peach coloured hair and a scar by his mouth."

"S-Sabito.."

"The other brat was a girl with flowers all over her kimono.. She wasn't that strong, but very agile..."

"Makomo.."

"I recognise all of you kids from the fox masks you wear! They are all carved the same way as his Tengu mask!" He clapped his hands happily, "Did he call it a 'warding mask'? Because I ate them all because of the masks they wore!"

He laughed looking upwards, "The girl got all shaky, and I ripped off her arms and legs... " He grinned as Tanjirou stood in sheer anger, his aura turning dark red.

He made a quick line for the demon, crying out in pure anguish for the kids as many of its arms were cut off.

The demon took the careless attack as an opportunity to make a blow at Tanjirou, with the boy smashing into a tree.

The other male who was saved by you made a cowardly escape, selfish enough to leave your body all alone.

Tanjirou woke up out of his momentary unconsciousness, having had encouragement from his deceased brother. Gasping as he was in immediate shock.

He dodged the hands, speedily slicing at them, and he used his smell to jump high in the air, missing yet another deadly grip from the ground.

However, Tanjirou's victory was cut short, as he was vulnerable in the air, the demon took this to his advantage, shooting his hands to get him again.

But the young man used his rock hard forehead to deflect the attack, smashing it back down.

It was in this moment, as Tanjirou began to build up his concentration, the demon recalled the last boy who did this to him but failed.

Sabito.

"Water breath; First form, Water surface Slash!" He cried out, as the demon had a moment of deja vu.