❄79) Seperating🌷

5 months later...
(This time skip madness took ages for me to calculate fufu)

   Age: 18

Your pov

Just like that, 5 months went by of your new time as a mother. 5 months of training Oshi. And 5 months of Izumi landing on Yuki and trying to eat her feathers.

Oh yes, he was your son.

He was your spring baby, born in the midst of winter...

You picked up the teething infant, "Already got little teeth peeping hm.." You smiled having grown used to his fast development.

"You know that baby is not normal, whooo, he already has teeth and was born in half the time taken for normal human babies.." Yuki shook her feathers clean.

"I know.. It seems he inherited my fast development and regeneration abilities..." You sat him on a cushion, "He can already support his own weight!"

"And he's a chunky one~" Mitsuri added, sipping tea as you scoffed.

"Hey, hey alright we get it, he's certainly part demon, " You checked his teeth just in case, "But thankfully doesn't crave human flesh. So, for the most part, he is a normal 1-year-old.."

You sweatdropped as they both look at you, "What?"

"You know, Izumi will be the next target. Not only you and Nezuko..." Mitsuri looked at the baby, "..We need to keep him safe."

You smiled, looking at Nezuko resting, "Have a little faith.. That is for the future to tell, right now we need to get Izumi strong and even more chunky!"

Izumi silently laughed as you nuzzled your nose into his tummy, "He loves that!"

//// 1 week before present day...

A couple of days later to your dismay, a letter arrived late in the middle of the night.

You all grew curious as to what was going on and you most certainly knew it wasn't good news. The messenger crow was what woke you and Mitsuri up, with its yelling and frantic squawks.

You tried to stay calm, but once digesting the word written, you found it do hard not to yell in anger...

Things had certainly escalated in a year.. It wasn't even shocking that the fights with Muzan were still ongoing. You expected it, neither sides would back down..

It was time for you and Mitsuri to return.

///////////

The next morning, you got up early to set out, and Yuki sat on a perch,

"..Whooo, so this is it huh?"

You clutched the paper in your hand,

"I'm afraid so.. we have to go now, " You nuzzled your nose into the small head of hair strapped to your chest, "..Before anything else happens."

"(Y/n).. Are you sure you want to bring little Izumi?" Mitsuri looked at the baby, "This is such a high risk battle..!"

"One that will come to an end." You closed up your blazer, "I know it's not practical, but I'm expecting the worst considering how long this has all gone on for."

"I see.." She sadly looked to the floor, "I suppose that is realistic."

Izumi slowly fell asleep in the little carrier Nezuko created for him specially. It was made out of wood, with a thin metal layer to protect you both.

Oshi was waiting outside, ready to take off and in his full form; everything seemed prepared.

Urokodaki came to the front door and nodded your way, "(Y/n), Mitsuri.. Be safe."

You turned back towards the old shack one last time and smiled slightly, "You got it, Sensei."

This took the man by shock, and he shook his head watching you leave.

Yuki landed onto your held out arm, "You know the drill, let them know."

The owl flapped her wings and took off as you and Mitsuri ran ahead, "On it, whooo!"

Mitsuri clutched her hands out in front of her in determination, "Obanai needs me..!"

This made you smile as you both headed for the heart of the battle..

'We're coming back, everyone.'

I ain't even gonna say anything.

I just finished the manga and I am a wreck :,)

Thanks for reading 🖤