❄18) Kindness 🍃

You're not sure when exactly it was, but somehow you managed to regain consciousness.

Only one downside..

Your captor still hadn't let you go, still dragging you along with him. But it seemed he hadn't noticed that you were awake, so, despite the pain in your bottom from the ground's friction, you kept still.

"It's been like this for three days already. Damn it. Really pisses me off." He grunted, looking around, "This isn't what I'm good at."

You smirked, as little did he know you had actually registered his heat signal. It was easier since he was calm now.

'The rabid freak has been locked on, go (Y/n)!'

"You're awake!" He dropped your numb hand as your mouth flung open, "Thought you were slick!"

He turned to face you, the blue eyes of the mask deeply staring at you. It made you very uncomfortable considering what he said earlier...

"You're a demon slayer I see," You had noted his characteristic trousers, "Why don't you help me and Tanjirou defeat-"

"WHO IS THAT?!" He exclaimed, steam puffing out his nose as usual.

"M-My partner?" You shrunk back as he started shaking.

"I HAVE A RIVAL?!!" He took a step closer to you, clutching his swords.

"Uh, it's not really like that!" You were suddenly pulled away from the nearby wall by a strong hand.

This attack was already sensed by your heat vision, so you reached to grab your sword, "Breath of the Snow! Fifth style, Glacier Impact!"

You sped up your movement, but as a consequence, this limited your ice making ability due to the heat created.

But it also meant you could make a quick end to your enemy.

Your blade only stayed frozen for a few seconds, with you spinning your body for extra impact.

"Smash!" The waist of the demon was instantly cut in half, and your blade turned back to normal.

This also made their hand loosen from your arm, and you sighed as it regenerated quickly.

"Damn it.." You panted, your fatigue beginning to show.

"You proved you are not so weak, let me smash her face in!" Inosuke yelled at the female demon, standing in front of you, "MY KILL!"

He began running straight forward, as the demon gave you a strange knowing look.

"You're really protecting a demon?" She snorted, arms pumping with power, "A human like you has got some nerve!!"

"DAMN RIGHT YOU BITCH!" He jumped in the air as your cheeks reddened, "Self-style; Breath of the Beast!"

'What is it with all these love-crazed teens..'

'You're a natural beauty, idiot.' Your mental ego joined in.

'You're right, damn my good looks!'

In split seconds, the demon's arms were slashed off, her shock visible as she was kicked down.

He ran back to your dazed self, grabbing your wrist, "LET'S GO!"

"W-Where?!" You were not in the mood for another stupid side mission, you had a job!

"Where else! To compete with this Tanjirou dumbass you speak of!!!" He sped up, just saying the boy's name, "PIG ASSAULT! PIG ASSAULT! PIG ASSAULT!"

"MY MASK!" You yelled as loud as you could over his cult-like chanting, and he stopped abruptly...

...To start running back from where you came.

"My bad.. Ha!" You felt like puking at his recklessness, "Totally forgot (Y/n)!!"

You sweatdropped, 'At least he didn't freak out about me being a demon...'

/////////

"Inosuke, slow down!!!"

But it was too late, as he decided to make the most revealing entrance ever.

At this point your skirt was the last of your worries, dignity was out the window now, as you both plummeted into the room with Tanjirou and the girl.

The other child was (who you presumed to be) her lost brother, which was a relieving sight.

The way your poor teammate looked at you whilst you entered said a tonne..

Your hair was a mess, voice cracking from so much screaming, and you had no shoes.

"WHERE IS TANJIROU?!" Your new companion yelled, beating his chest, "FIGHT ME, HA!"

By this point, Tanjirou gave you the children, taking out his weapon.

"Who is that?!" He deadpanned at the muscular man, "And where is Zenitsu and the boy!!"

"Zenitsu is fine with the boy, and that," You pointed at the fuming male, "Is Inosuke Hashibara, a boisterous demon slayer who will now fight you.."

He deadpanned, "WHY!? FOR WHAT?!" He began freaking out as the male dashed his way.

"Uh, for me.." You blushed as Tanjirou's cheeks mimicked yours, "Sorry!"

But he clutched his sword ready to leave the room, "This isn't your fault, some guys can't help fighting for a beauty." He sweatdropped as you held the worried kids.

"W-Whatever, just don't hurt each other please.." He briskly nodded.

"Stay here with them, and leave when you think it is truly safe." He started running to leave, Inosuke hot on his trail.

'Please be careful...'

"May I ask," You nudged the boy who was clutching a peculiar drum, "What is that?"

He instantly answered, "I-It came off of the demon. I beat it anytime the demon's come close to change my place.."

You were taken aback at how scary that must have been for the kid to handle all alone... It made your heart burn in sympathy for him.

'So unfair..'

"Um, big sister?" The boy shyly began, "When will we know to leave?"

You looked at the demon drum, "When that stops working I guess.. For now, please rest, I am here to keep watch over you."

They both instantly fell asleep in your embrace, completely fatigue and exhausted.

And you felt the exact same, but these kids had made a way into your heart..

So you stayed awake for them..

"I'm getting soft now.." You chuckled, drum in hand.

Chapter of the day!

I think I might try to push in another chapter today. My week so far has been really busy, but I shall attempt for you guys!

Thanks for reading! ❤