❄24) Puppets 🌹

As much as you had Zenitsu in your thoughts, all thinking was cut short by the random attack of multiple demon slayers.

You took off your mask for better focus at night, and this time was a perfect example.

"This bunch of people are all idiots!" Inosuke backflipped away from an incoming attacker, "Don't they know it is forbidden for members to kill each other?!"

You grunted, falling back to grab your sword, "They must be under a control of some sort!"

Tanjirou nodded, dodging another puppet, "Their movements are strange, there is someone in charge of this!"

This made Inosuke pumped up for fighting, and he also took out his sword for battle, "Alright! Then I'm going to chop them in half now!!"

"You can't!! They are still alive Inosuke!" Tanjirou stopped the teen in his tracks,"You mustn't harm our companions' corpses!"

"Stop denying my fun!" Inosuke rammed his head into Tanjirou's chest, but they both soon carried on dodging the attacks.

You couldn't help but notice that there was a strange wires that appeared within your infrared vision.

And it looked like Tanjirou noticed too, cutting some off the same boy.

"They are being controlled by wires! Cut the wires!" He shouted.

"I've already figured that out!!" Inosuke proceeded in slicing as many as he could and so did you.

"Where is the enemy then?!" You looked around until you spotted a dark red figure in the trees, "Wait, I think they're up there!"

Tanjirou was too busy killing the spiders on himself, and Inosuke was fighting other slayers.. So you went up ahead.

But just as you had jumped high to see anything, a young child appeared to be walking on webs of some sort.

"Don't disturb our clan's peaceful life here."

"Floating midair?" You heard Tanjirou's voice from down below as you were slowly descending.

"It's a wire!" You shouted back as the boy carried on speaking.

"You will be... Killed by my mother in the next few moments."

Just as the boy began walking away, Inosuke jumped up also, to grab you in case of any attack coming your way.

"Inosuke..." You sighed as he shouted where the boy was going, "He was just sending a message clearly."

You both landed back down, and you let go of Inosuke, "So there is another demon doing the puppet work."

This made Inosuke have a moment of genius, as he stabbed both of his swords into the ground, kneeling down, "Ah, I get it! We look for where the demon is!"

"Breath of the beast; Seventh style, Spacial Awareness!!!"

You watched in awe as Inosuke was able to channel all his expert sense of touch to locate his hidden target, much like you and your vision, but only with physical sensing.

'Such an excellent sense of touch. Must be his upbringing in the wild..' You mentally commended your comrade as he tracked down the demon.

"Found it! There!!" He alerted everyone.

The boy you had met a while ago spoke up, "Leave this place to me, you guys go on ahead!"

"You've pissed your pants already, how can you even say that!?" Inosuke grunted as the male shook in anger.

"WHO TOLD YOU I PISSED MY PANTS, YOU STUPID PIG!!" He looks towards you and Tanjirou, "Sorry about earlier, but I am also a demon hunter, so leave this place to me!"

He turned back to continue slicing the threads, "I will think of a way, the people being controlled here are not that difficult! And I'll be wary of the spiders!"

Tanjirou nodded, "I understand, thank you!"

You grabbed the angry Inosuke, taking your leave with Tanjirou, "Who are you calling stupid pig?!"

"Stop talking about that!" Tanjirou ordered as you all ran from the site.

"But he called me stupid pig, Monjiro!" He groaned as you giggled.

"It's Tanjirou!!"

"Don't come near me..." A girl's voice was heard, "Hurry up and get a higher ranking person to come here!!"

You all turned to the side to see a weeping demon slayer, grabbing onto her sword unwillingly, "If you don't, I'm going to end up killing everybody!!"

"RUN!!" She screamed as her attacks became suddenly more frantic and wild.

Her blade swiftly cut through the air, aiming for all three of you, but you all luckily dodged in time.

"I'm being controlled, so my movements are completely different!" She explained, mid-battle, "We are not that strong!"

She performed many bone breaking attacks that no swordsman would ever attempt for their own life would be at risk..

"This girl..." You mumbled eyes facing down, "IS BEING CONTROLLED BY SOMEONE SO CRUEL!"

You turned around, only to see many limp and weak demon slayers. Their bones were broken and dislocated as they begged to be killed and put out their misery.

It made you cry instantly, tears flooding your eyes as the mark on your chest began glowing slightly.

The feeling of a hand on your back was the only thing that stopped the glowing from growing any further.

"Leave it to me!" Inosuke held you back for a moment, before dashing to each poor soul.

You wiped your tears as he was at least giving them the end they wanted, but Tanjirou didn't see the same way you guys did.

"There must be a way to save them... Wait!!" He called out to deaf ears.

"SHUT UUUP!" Inosuke yelled back, "He said it himself, he wants to die!! This bunch is fast, and we'll be the ones killed if we dawdle!"

Tanjirou started running away, the girl following just as he thought.

"You idiot! What's the point in running around!?" Inosuke grunted as you clocked on what he was doing.

"He's leading her up in the tree," You narrated what was unfolding before you, "So the threads will get tangled!"

Tanjirou happily looked up at the shocked girl as Inosuke deadpanned.

"What sort of trick is that?!" He gasped in awe, "Lemme try it as well!!"

He laughed running with the puppet behind him, before giving it a huge kick into the air, "Up you go! Yehawwww!"

He turned to Tanjirou, "See! I can do anything you are able to do!!"

But the poor boy wasn't even facing the proud teen, busy fighting.

"Sorry!! I didn't see!" He apologised whilst you laughed.

"Don't worry, I did.." You gave him a pat on the head.

But just as you all had a moment of victory, the heads of all the slayers you managed to save were twisted around, killing them off in an instant.

"Bastard!!" Inosuke yelled in frustration, "Now they're all killed!"

Tanjirou loomed over a dead body, his eyes shadowed, so you knew he was pissed off.

The darkness that clouded around him was so eminent, that even the crazy masked boy knew to back off.

"Let's go."

You and Inosuke nodded, following the redhead.