❄19) Rewarding 🍃

The next minutes after both males left were considerably silent. With you only having to detect any passing demons with your vision to beat the drum.

And the kids didn't even wake up through all of that, which made you sweatdrop every time..

Then, a ground-shaking yell and rapid change of rooms against your will caught you off guard.

"What the heck?" You looked around as the kids began to wake up, "I think Tanjirou is from fighting the demon..."

You turned to them, "Let's hope he wins!" They both sheepishly smiled, "What?"

You looked back where they pointed and deadpanned as a huge demon stood already within the room.

So you had to fight the bastard...

"Stay behind me," You ushered the kids to the corner of the room behind a cabinet, and grabbed the drum as the demon approached.

"Let's change the settings so your friends don't interrupt us." You beat it a couple of times and dropped the instrument, your environment completely new.

"Tch, damn it, today just makes no sense!" The demon growled, "First my head nearly gets cut off by a yellow-haired brat! And now a demon is protecting damn human kids!!!"

He lunged forward, claws extended as you grinned, sword out in seconds.

"Breath of the Snow; First style, Snowflake blade!" You jumped in the air for better aim, "You may be correct about the strangeness of a demon like me protecting humans..."

Your sword turned fully frozen as you made contact with the neck of the demon, "But I'm gonna make it a normality."

Your blade glimmered with snowflake patterns as the decapitated monster vanished away.

You hissed as your neck burned momentarily, but you brushed it off as you ran over to the kids.

"Hey, you okay?" You helped them out as they stared at you in awe, "What now?" You laughed as they pointed at your neck.

"Big sister, your neck..." The girl began, eyes glimmering in amazement.

"It says mercy!" The boy jumped in excitement.

"No, it can also mean... Benevolence! Oh I know!" She pulled out a small mirror from her yukata, "I got it from a fare.." She shyly boasted as you took the mirror.

And what you saw nearly made you scream from shock. But you held back your emotions as you studied the word.

"Benevolence huh?" You smiled under your mask, also returning the cute mirror, "Thank you so much

"Benevolence huh?" You smiled under your mask, also returning the cute mirror, "Thank you so much.."

You were so relaxed at this sudden magical occurrence because this phenomenon was actually common in your Spring tribe.

It was almost like a coming of age thing, where Mother Nature rewarded you with visible proof of your kind heart.

And it made you feel so chosen and partly forgiven for your past sins...

You turned to the drum and sighed, ready to try and beat it one last time...

Hoping that Tanjirou was able to defeat the demon...

And nothing happened!

Both children cheered in happiness as you grinned under your mask.

'You did it Tanjirou!'

You held out your hands to them, ready to leave, "Let's head out then!"

So as usual, a smaller chapter just to keep you guys satisfied until I next publish!😂

Can't wait to write some more soon for you!

Thanks for reading! ❤