❄63) Gathering 🍂

Your eyes fluttered open as you regained your mental stability.

'So he can basically put me in a coma if he bugs me enough,' The images before you were bright and unclear, 'I'm telling Giyu.'

The distant yet present memories of your encounter with Kibutsuji waverered within your thoughts as your body gradually lost it's numbness...

"I need to tell Giyu." You suddenly sat up, your hair a mess as you panted.

"Tell me what..?"

Your head shot back to the man as he leant against a wall shirtless by a fire, and Tanjirou who sat watching you in confusion.

Then your head turned to the empty room where Akaza had been, "But I-"

You scratched your head furiously, "The pink haired- Akaza he.. He passed on?"

They both looked at each other before nodding, Tanjirou speaking up, "It was mostly Giyu who did it, but you were passed out for so long.. W-What happened?"

And that was when you lost it, "Wait, hold on a fucking second.. YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME I WAS IN A COMA THE WHOLE FIGHT!?!?"

Tanjirou flinched as you got up, legs wobbling, "(Y/n), calm down p-please.."

"I was ready to kick some ass!" You cried as Giyu watched unphased by your wildness, "And to make it even more pathetic a fucking demon wants me to have his..."

You pinched the bridge of your nose, trying to keep your cool as your life basically fell apart even more.

This however made Giyu get up right away, despite his wounds, "What? Yuki never mentioned this.."

You flinched, instantly feeling nervous as he struggled to keep his balance. And as he stood, that was when you got the full view of the extent his injuries went to.

And a wave of guilt crashed over your heart as you shook your head, "L-Let me heal you guys first..."

But even as you reached out to help him sit, his hand took a firm hold of your wrist, forcing you to look at him.

"(Y/n).." His eyes pleaded for the truth instantly as you shook with too much on your mind.

"I-It would be better if I healed you-"

"Tell me now," You winced as he tightened his hold, his confusion turning into worry, "You and I both know that you don't heal well when you aren't calm."

As your eyes began to sting, you used your other hand to wipe away the premature tears. You quickly glanced at Tanjirou, who took a moment to catch some rest and sighed.

"I'll tell you, " You looked up at him as his grip loosened, "But you have to promise me. That you will not, under any circumstances do anything wreckless once I do."

This made the man before you take a moment to think before frowning slightly, "..Fine."

"It's about the man who made me like this, K-Kibutsuji Muzan, " You took a moment to catch some needed breaths, "He's been planning to take me away and force me to.."

You couldn't even look him in the eyes as he waited for you to finish, his blood on the brink of boiling.

"..H-Have his.. children, so that he can use them for his t-tests, " He completely let go of your wrist as you kept your eyes facing down in shame, "I'm s-sorry.. You must hate me.."

There was no response as you dropped to your knees, covering your face with your hands to silently weep.

"I wanted to tell you, " You croaked, "But I never knew the extent of his plans.. I only just found out now I swear Giyu.."

Your heart slowly decreased in beats as your blood grew cold and lifeless.

"Just kill me then, everything will be easier."

As those shaky words left your mouth, your body was suddenly lifted and pulled into a warm yet hard surface as your tears doubled over.

"I-I don't deserve you.." You cried into his chest as he said nothing in return, "I'm not even worth the stress, you should just put an end to me!"

"This is Muzan's fault, I would never do such a thing.. " He finally spoke up, " It goes against so many things.."

"W-What?" You pushed his shoulders back to look him in the eyes, "What sort of thing protects demons like me-"

"The moral laws I follow, " He paused to glance at Tanjirou, "And I'm sure the Law of Nature he speaks of too applies."

And that was when your heart sped up, remembering once again, what the fuelled it to live, to carry on.. All of your reason to be hopeful for the unknown future.

It was right in front of you.

His rough thumb gently wiped away the trails of your past tears as you glomped him in a sudden hug, his landing causing your faces to line up.

"I love you so much."

It took a while. For his ears to finally register the words he never really thought he would hear in his life so much.

But when it did, the reward of his small blush was everything to you, and his breathing stopped momentarily.

"I don't want to say it back, " His eyes grew dull, "It's a bad omen."

"You don't have to say it back, there are many ways to show you do." The life in his eyes slowly returned as you leant down.

But the sudden clearing of someones throat made you almost bang heads with him, as you looked to the side to see Tanjirou watching with a pink face.

"M-my bad." You got up, fixing your hair as Giyu acted like he was busy stretching, "U-Uh, come here so I can heal you.. I guess."

I'm glad, I have almost caught up with the manga! But fear not my lovelies, I will make some filler chapters until the next manga chapter once I do :)

Thanks for all your wonderful support! 😚