❄71) Listening 🌷

Rushing footsteps, and the crunching of snow. The wind caressing your face as the advance towards the demons began.

Urokodaki noted that he would join you in the battle, the numbers of blue bodies increasing as your vision wavered.

"They're multiplying at an unbelievable rate!" You halted once the three of you came to a clearing, "This is getting out of hand.."

"Yuki," You called the owl down from above, "I need you!"

"Present!" You pet her beak with a small smile.

"I'm gonna need you to send out a message for reinforcements.. The enemy may outdo us.."

"Whooo, I'm on it, " She took off, "Stay safe, whooo!"

There in a huge groaning pile, squirmed the deformed bodies of demons, their size miniscule, yet the smell they gave off was still threatening.

You covered your mouth as Nezuko growled, 'Their scent is so similar and bitter... Together they pack a punch..!'

Their bodies were a sickening green, single eyes darting towards you, the clear cross marking them.

"They used to be a demon moon.." You heard the voice of your master, "And it seems they can mould fairly easily.. That's not a pile of single demons.."

You looked back at the trembling and loud group, deactivating your vision.. Only to gasp and stumble back!

"Ah, I dont wanna fight Oshi-- We see you've realised our secret! Quiet Osha!!" The bodies morphed to create two large mouths, "Let's split up now-- NO, THIS IS THE WAY TO BE STRONGER!"

Your shaking eyes stayed focused upon the centre of the demon pile,  noticing the presence of only one heart.. The fast beating only indicating that the short tempered demon was in charge..

"This is a case of conjoined demons.. It seems they have different abilities.." You nodded to Urokodaki's words, "If we can split them, this will be an easy fight."

Upon taking your blade out, you pointed the end towards the demons, taking slow breaths.

'I'll have to find a way to force them to split.. But..' You glanced at the frowning mouth on the pile, 'Amongst all the bitterness, there's fear and hurt.. Betrayal even.'

The touch of a small hand steadied your hold on the sword, the limb leading to Nezuko as she gave you a knowing nod.

"You know the issue too.." Voice shaky, you tried to shake off your hesitation, "E-Either way, they both have killed countless of people together.."

The grinning mouth of the pile began to laugh as you advanced forward, two arms springing out and coming together.

"..That's why I'll finish you here!" You jumped upwards as they combined an attack.

"Blood Demon art-- Combined Power!"

Completely caught off guard, a new copy of a green demon leapt out and grew from the palms. The moment it's eye developed, it leapt for you.

Your blade just about made it in time to clash with the claw of the demon, it's muscular arms confusing you.

"H-How is this so powerful..?" You slid backwards after disengaging with the hit, "It's only a small extraction of the demons!"

"Did we hurt someone..?-- Behold my Power!!" The small demon went for you again, it's attacks focused yet quicker, "B-Brother, I can't keep up-- The wrath of a Demon Moon!!"

Gasping as one of the hits landed on your tensed arms, you stumble backwards, the claws of the demon glinting in the moon shine.

As it went down, another pair of arms took the hit, the nails easily slicing the flesh. The pained grunts and muffled cries rang through your ears.

"Nezuko!!" You watched in horror, running forward, but another body flashed past you.

"Broth--Where do you think you're going?!" The huge legs of a demon, three times larger than the small one stood in your way, "I wanna fight!"

Despite the intimidating aura, you managed to gave it a stern glare, "Breath of Snow.."

It braced itself as you aimed for its vital heart, but what shocked you was the discovery that it was nowhere to be seen! Dread flowed through you as your eyes flashed in the direction of where the demon was still placed, it's poise unchanging!

This towering demon before you wasn't even the main demon!

'So that's how it works, they like to stall and pick off their enemies..!' Your move ensued towards the fake.

"Third Style; Flurry!!"

In the beginning, the demon was able to block off your hits, but the moment you channelled your rage, the impacts were finally successful and hit it's neck and lower abdomen.

"I've had enough of your damn games!!!"

As you landed, the arms reached out for you, it's eyes bleeding as you were thrown to the ground. The impact knocking the wind from your chest.

"AGH!" The metallic taste in your mouth grew unsettling as you struggled to get up, "Y-You caught me off guard there.."

It's smirk dropped as you returned the same expression, it's body slowly disintegrating whilst you panted.

"Sh-she figured us out-- ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!" You wobbled, wounds slowly regenerating your death glare focused on the main demon, "You lost your tem-- SHUT UP AND JUST LEND ME YOUR POWER OR WE'LL DIE!!"

"You may have two minds, but it's clear to see you don't always have clarity, " You grabbed your sword, "Losing your temper like that will only undo your hard work.. Effectively, if I can piss you off, then your lackeys can't do shit. Oshi."

The pile flinched as you hissed the last name, the direct blame making the demon's blood boil.

"..-- YOU SHUT UP, YOU KNOW NOTHING!!" It summoned two more demons, their bodies less formed, "DIE!!"

"Why did you follow him Osha?!" You braced your blade, "I understand he is your sibling.. But now you have to both pay the price!"

"..S-Save me..-- HOW DARE YOU DISOBEY ME!!"  The pile shook violently, "..Tch, if you want the mercy of a Demon Slayer, then go ahead.. Scum."

In a swift motion, the bone chilling sound of flesh ripping and one pained cry made your hands tense.

"BROTHER, I C-CAN'T LI-VE.. ON MY O--!!" The deformed mush of crying flesh caused tears to fall down your cheeks, "..D-did you ever e-even love..m-me..?"

As the body gradually disappeared, the left demon rolled it's eyes carelessly.

"No. You provided me power, but always held me back.." It cracked it's neck, body now fully formed and notibly strong, "Now.. I won't hold back!"

You flashed a worried glance towards Nezuko as your teacher was luckily by her side, taking over in the battle. Both of the earlier summoned demons headed to them. Leaving you to face the culprit...

It was a sad situation of abuse and fear.. One that would tear you apart for sure.

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, I just recently got a horrible cold.. I just wanna sleep and hide in a cave.. 💀

Thanks for your patience..❤