🌱81) Believing

Your pov

"You look hideous..." Muzan growled, "Who's the real demon now..?"

"Huh?"

Upon looking closer, you realised the terrible tumour growing on Tanjirou's face and felt your heart drop.

'He's in such a critical state..!' You tightened your hold on the handle of your sword, 'How is he still fighting?'

"I'm fine (Y/n), I'll make it till sunrise, " He smiled noticing your worry, "That's enough time to beat Muzan."

You were taken aback, but had to quickly leap out of the way from a hit. Spinning, Tanjirou started his consecutive hits,

"Breath of the Sun; Waltz, Scorching Crimson Mirror, Fire Chariot!"

'He's linking them all to overwhelm Muzan.. I see, ' You took a deep breath and ran forward, blade now frozen, "Breath of Snow..."

"Snowflake Blade, Icicle Shoot, " You leapt up to slice his chest, "Flurry!"

It seemed as though being on the verge of death was enough to drive Tanjirou and the others on. Resilience wasn't needed to this extent in ordinary day to day life, but it certainly showed in how they all fought.

For you, their bravery was infectious, and you'd be dammed if you didn't leave victorious...

"Tanjirou, you should slow down!" You called to the boy who was still delivering blows, "You're going to damage your lungs..!"

Sliding next to you he grunted, the sleeves of his blazer now ripped. You gulped as his veins were large and strained all over his arms, the poison now taking true effect.

"He's slowing down, " Tanjirou looked at the demon, "I think he was poisoned or something.."

Blocking another attack, you both had to put your all into the defence.

"H-He was, otherwise this dual wouldn't have lasted this long.." You sliced another limb, "Judging by its effectiveness, I think Shinobu made it!"

Nodding you both continued to go through your techniques,

"Scorching Crimson Mirror, Flame Waltz, Parhelion Rainbow, The Setting Sun!"

He completely overtook the rate at which Muzan was able to regenerate and you started your attacks too,

"Glacier Impact!" You ran at high speeds and sliced through his arm, the limb no longer growing back.

"W-What?!" Muzan hissed watching it bleed, "Stop running all over the place!!"

Blade now glowing red alongside Tanjirou's, the damage of your hits were through the roof. The sheer heat of your nichirin blades enough to compete with Muzan's quick stamina.

"Damn you!!" He went from all angles, surrounding you with all the sharp limbs, "BURN IN HELL!"

"(Y/n)!!" Tanjirou was hit away, and you looked down to focus.

'I just have to breathe and cultivate energy, ' Your eyes shot open as you spun, blade gliding through the air,

"Northern Lights.."

With ease, you managed to chop all the incoming hits, and held out your sword.

Looking back for a moment you saw that Iguro had actually caught Tanjirou. The two returning to fight alongside you,

"Thank you Iguro.." Tanjirou rubbed his arm, "The sensation is coming back.."

"That's good, " You smiled for a moment as Iguro ran ahead, his snake poking its head out his collar.

He didn't say much, but in those few moments you saw him fight, you noticed how he almost was able to predict every one of Muzan's movements..

It was truly amazing watching the pillar, but then out of the blue, the demon started running away!

'He ran away?' You shook your head, and took off leaving the two behind, "Get back here!!"

"Take this..!" The boy tossed multiple swords from fallen slayers into Muzan's back from afar.

Touching the ground your blood went cold as you channelled your energy into the soil. Ice quickly growing in the demon's direction, just about catching his feet,

"N-Now!!" You yelled as everyone took the chance to attack, "Get him!!"

Coming down from above, Iguro stabbed him in the neck. Muzan tripped due to this, but swung his head low.. An ominous shadow grew over his face as your stomach flipped.

You watched as your ice slowly turned red, the colour travelling quickly back to your hand, and into your body,

"AHHH!!" You screamed falling backwards whilst clutching your head.

Tanjirou also experienced the same agonising pain, and fell down, convulsing.

Muzan's muscles swelled, and the Snake Pillar made a move to retreat, but stopped when his leg was grabbed in a vice grip.

In one swing, the demon threw the injured man into a wall, breaking out of your ice hold.

Just as he turned to continue walking, you caught a glimpse of messy sandals walking by you,

"Oi!!! All those corpses everywhere are the buddies I ate my food with.." A gruff voice echoed in the silent street,

"YOU'LL DIE A MILLION TIMES OVER TO MAKE UP FOR IT."

"I-Inosuke.." Your eyes watered.

:0

Thanks for reading!❤