❄68) Past 🍂

"Lets go back then."

.
..
...

I always knew I was important.

The way my parents treated me like I was so fragile I could break, or the way one of the two would always be watching if I was in the garden.

But it got so out of hand sometimes.. I understood that I was 'The Child with the Gift', but all the constant eagle eyes did make things a little tiresome.

You see, when I came to the age of 12, my mother took the time to explain to me everything, including the reason as to why I was so important..

Within our Spring clan, there is a strong belief of second chances. And by second chances, I mean total reincarnation, and the cycical occurance of every life form.

Basically, eternity is reality.

However, such a glorious gift would come to some expenses, even to the strictest believers.

And my parents happened to be the last of their generation who weren't fed up of the archaic rituals in the quickly modernising society. All the apparent truths in the scripts, had been 'humorously debunked' by developing science and townsfolk. Some of which were previous members in fact.

The really sad truth was, our family were the last remaining descendants of the original clan leaders..

And due to their different beliefs and way of life, they always received constant hate from everyone in the surrounding village.

And with no way to prove of such a miracle Goddess being true, slowly but surely, times grew low for my Mother and Father. They were so hesitant to bring a child into the chaos of it all, but they knew their choices of having a future were lessening by the day.

My Grandmother being the oldest relative who lived at the time, could only provide verbal testimonies of the Spring Godess.

But I was different. I was the embodiment of the love, effort and care of three adults put in one single baby.

I was brave when I had to be thanks to my Father. I was loving yet smart like my Mother. And I could pack a surprising punch thanks to my Grandmother.

I was the last chance of the clans' survival against the changing world. The prodigy.

The Gifted One.

And they knew this. They knew this even on the dreaded day they were all brutally slaughtered.

My parents had only just had my 6 year old brother. He had a whole life ahead of him, cut painfully short. And yet no mercy was given by that despicable man.

..

But one thing that was unclear to me that day, was the fact that my hands were covered in blood. But yet I recall never killing a single person.

And the window was indeed opened, but only small enough to let out a growing child.

It was all blurry that night, but one of the many things that keep me up at night is the burning yet bone chilling chance that--

What am I saying..

He's dead.

What good is there in me hoping that he is not resting in peace, but rather.. Living  his life as a walking dead boy.

Back on track.. The next day after the murdering of my family, I was found by my mystery saviour, later known as Ms Tamayo.

If it wasn't for her, not only would the sun have burnt me away, but I wouldn't even have courage to face the world the way I am.

She told me exactly what you know. To show the world how merciful demons are, or can and have the potential to be.

She gave me my mask, not only to contain my sanity, but to have physical proof of my new chapter in my tough life.

I don't need it anymore because the proof of my growth is in other people that I come across now.

The saying that your personality rubs off on others is no joke, I find myself taken aback by how kind my friends are.. But it's only because I had to soften also and not allow my past to control my future.

But life on my own was a strange experience.

At first, I wanted nothing more than to just die, the confirming of my deepest dreads sent me spiralling down into a dark pit of depression.

There was no hope for me. The guilt of ending my clan and ending it as demon no less; the lowest being from a Goddess!

How could I possibly ever match up to such unreachable expectations?

It's laughable now, because I'm actually an accomplished Demon Slayer, and I may or may not have a baby on the way with the one and only Water Pillar...

But honestly, back in those days hope was expensive.

Because it was time consuming, it required emotion, and never showed itself quick enough.

My patience grew thin, and I was so close to ending it all, but the two springs I had spent alone witnessing were something to behold.

They kept me going through the other seasons of the years. And now I can certainly thank Mother Nature for such a blessing.

Because not only had she been there ready on the other side of the 12 months every time without fail.

But she made me and my dearest clash in an eventful way.