❄35) Dreaming 🍁

It was so strange..

How almost instantly all the people in the carriage including your team fell asleep at the same time.

And at the same time that the conductor stamped the tickets.

You heard a clatter that made you jump, holding onto your sword, "The heck?!" You hissed as a few demons approached your group, Yuki hiding behind you.

"Back off! I knew something was off.." They glared at you, the girl sitting in front of Rengoku.

You glanced at Tanjirou, seeing that he was beginning to cry, and gritted your teeth.

"Just what are you making them dream about?!" You attempted to keep your cool.

As much as you wished to chop off the girl's head, she could be the reason why they are stuck..

But you felt the presence of an even stronger demon, right above your head, which made you even more confused.

"They are stuck in their most vulnerable states, entrapped in dreams that mean the most to them, " A boy with black hair and bags under his eyes explained.

"All humans are easily manipulated, they are weak." A girl spoke as she tied her wrist with the same rope around Rengoku's.

"If you don't want your friends to get hurt sooner, I suppose you sit back and watch this play out."

Your heart burned with anger. They truly thought that you would actually listen and watch your group get destroyed by demons like this.

"You must be having a laugh.." Your eyes glowed a plum red as your blood boiled, "If you really think they would allow you to destroy them like that!!"

This made the girl sweatdrop whilst she was within the Pillar's mind. She was visually having a tough time fighting Rengoku's persistent attitude.

You grinned as he lunged for her, easily strangling the demoness, "He won't go down that easy.."

At that moment, all you could do was hope that the others would wake up soon.

And as if the gods heard your prayers, Nezuko stumbled out of her box, startled at the situation before her.

"N-Nezuko, there is no time to explain, you have to wake up Tanjirou!" She started at Rengoku holding onto the demoness' body, but instantly listened to your words.

Her eyes widened, and she ran to her brother, "He is stuck in a deep dream, I think there is a demon doing all of this.."

She tried to shake him, but he didn't budge, so she smashed her forehead into his. This shocked you completely, when her forehead started bleeding as a result.

But within a few seconds, a power of flames surged through both Tanjirou and Nezuko's body, and he woke up gradually. The same flames burned the ropes that were on his wrists.

Well, he actually sat up instantly, shock on his face as he yelled. This made Nezuko hide next to the seats in fear.

"(Y/n), Nezuko are you okay?!" He got up, clutching onto his neck, "I knew something was off, there was a blood demon art on the tickets!"

"That's why I couldn't sleep like you guys, it didn't work on me and Nezuko because we are demons," He grabbed his sword under the bench as you explained.

"Cutting those ropes might be too dangerous, " He faced Nezuko, "Nezuko, burn these ropes off please!"

And in following her brother's request, she burned all of the males' binding ropes, setting them mentally free.

Whilst Tanjirou hugged and praised his sister, you tried to soften Rengoku's fall. You could only stop his head from thudding against the wooden frame of the bench, but it was something.

"(Y/n), be careful, whoooo!" Yuki tried to ward off the incoming demoness, but she was smacked out the way.

Your heart stopped as she crashed to the ground, some of her feathers falling out as a consequence.

You gently let go of Rengoku, and turned to the demoness, her eyes showing her fear as a dangerous aura surrounded you.

"Why did you have to do that to her, " You frowned, facing the shaking girl, "It's so mean."

Your blade was two seconds away from slicing her neck, but a hand grabbed your blazer, holding you back.

The huge damage of your hit still created a slash in the carriage near Zenitsu.

'Wait... Inosuke?'

"I need you to calm down (Y/n)!" A gruff voice snapped you out of your rage whilst Tanjirou knocked out the girl in the neck.

You were going to answer, but the redhead's next movements caught you off guard.

"Tanjirou- ugh!" He rammed his fist into your stomach, sadness etched onto his features as you fell weak in Inosuke's arms.

"I'm sorry (Y/n), you're a danger to yourself when you get mad.." He knew it would be better to make you sleep, then for you to lose clarity.

"Inosuke, put her down next to Rengoku please.. She will wake up soon." Inosuke nodded and laid you next to the unconscious Pillar.

And they both made their way to the top of the carriage, "Follow me my minions!"

"Explosive awakening!" Inosuke burst through the roof of the possessed train to meet Tanjirou.

"He is fusing with the train!" Tanjirou shouted to the other teen, "I hit him once, but he managed to get away!"

"PIG ASSAULT!" He yelled, "That is the way of Inosuke!"