❄42) Familiar 🌻

The sound of pattering rain filled your ears as you looked outside the closed window. Your talks with Giyu had become more and more meaningful, and you honestly felt like you were fully falling for him.

But recently, he had been slightly agitated and upset.. And you guessed he must've finally heard about the death of Kyoujurou.

You didn't tell him, you left it to the corps to deliver the tough news..

You were currently bound to his room, under his 'rightful orders' while he went to a meeting. He was super protective over you, and the thought of not knowing your whereabouts made him paranoid...

///// Flashback

"Giyu, it'll be fine! I don't think the demon from that day will even dare to attack me while I am here.." He shook his head, brows furrowed ever so slightly.

"(Y/n), it's better to be prepared for anything.. That's yet another encounter you have had with Muzan's henchmen." He turned to fully face you, "By now they probably have their sights on you as well as Tanjirou.."

The mentioning of your friend made you frown, "Will they really be okay Giyu..?"

He placed his hand on your head yet again, but took the chance to turn the movement into a quick kiss on the forehead.

"You believe in him do you not?" You gently smiled proving his point, "Well then."

He buttoned up his shirt and gratefully took his haori from you, the fabric gliding out of your hands like water.

"You'll have to tell me about your haori Giyu, " You look the man in his dark eyes, "It looks meaningful and handcrafted.."

At that time, you had no idea how much that statement made the raven head go into a state of shock.. Or how much the innocent question dove deep into his heart and made him reminiscent of his closest friend.

"...Sure. He would've wanted you to know.." The man nodded, taking his leave.

"Giyu!" You called, fidgeting with your clammy hands as he turned from in the doorway.

"Hm?"

'I love you.'

"Give everyone my greetings!"

The man blinked from your troubled expression, but chose not to ask.

"..Yeah, will do."

As if you could've actually said that..

///// 2 hours later...

"Help me Yuki, I'm being held captive!" You lazily rolled across the floor of the room, "Is there really no missions I can go on?"

The bird ignored your previous childish cries, but turned to you at the sound of a potential mission.

"Whoo, I do know of one mission.." She flew over to your head from the bed, "But your injuries are still healing, no matter how rapid."

You groaned, boredom driving you to insanity, "Honestly, it's raining outside and everything! Perfect clouds to block out the sun too.."

"Whoo, youu cannot change my mind (Y/n)!" She pecked your head, "No matter what, you must rest, Water Pillar's orders!"

You winced, wafting her away as you got up in a rage, "I don't need all this protection, I'm going into the garden then!"

"(Y/n) wait, in just your skirt and shirt?!" The owl flapped outside with you as you bust open the door, "Youuu're gonna catch a cold!"