❄77) Retelling 🌷

////Present day... 1 year later

Age: 18

Heavy breathing sounded through the messy halls, and anger sweltering up in a mess of powerful emotions rested in your chest. Emotions that would cloud any other being, but for you, just helped get things done.

"(Y/n)..?"

The clicking sound of your boots grew louder to your opponent as you clutched the hilt of your sword.

"(Y/n)..." Oshi called once again.

Your mind was clouded with thoughts as the small demon on your back held your shoulders tighter.

"Let me help!"

You blinked for a moment, having accidentally glared back at him, "Oshi, I-"

"(Y/n), you'll need all the help you can get!" He hopped off, giving you a stern stare, "Right now you need to let me fight too..Otherwise, all our training went to no means!"

Your eyes lightly watered at the fond remark to the more peaceful days.. Back in the mountains with Urokodaki and Nezuko... Even Mitsuri and her colourful outbursts with Yuki there to calm her down.

And of course training with Oshi. You couldn't help but feel nostalgic in the ways you took tips from the old man again, his way of speaking to you slightly changed in respect for your age.

'It was all going fine... Until that letter came and we had to go..'

It was all just like when you first started out with Tanjirou... When you first met-

A lone tear fell to the ground as your fists grew so tight they almost drew blood.

'Until I had to leave you my love..'

A loud crash in the distance took you out of the mental recall, and you nodded.

"O-Ok Oshi.." You shook away the tears and grabbed a small knife, bringing it to your palm.

Oshi readied himself as you quickly cut your flesh, " Blood Demon Art.." He began.

"Crimson Blossoms, " You held your bleeding hand quickly to his mouth as he instantly began to shake.

He stood backwards as you watched him cry out in pain, 'Come on... you can do this Oshi.. Pull through..!'

But it seemed as though this attempt would be the same as previous practice runs.. He always struggled channelling his own anger; instead of aiding him, it took over him.

Just as you were about to try and call his name once more, he doubled in size, his muscles overlaying each other until he fully morphed back to his original state.

But you warily held your blade, "Look me in the eyes, Oshi."

You asked this to confirm if he was still there. Your loyal companion, your student. Your friend.

His shadowed features grew darker as his hands clenched into fists, his breathing was heavy and you could just about make out a frown.

"(Y/n), is this... H-How bad you feel..?" His bloodshot eyes made you gasp as he growled, "...This is hell."

Your heart sped up and you stood straight, lips in a firm line as you nodded.

Both walking forward, your steps matching, it grew apparent that he now understood everything. He felt your pain and sorrow, and still stood bound to help you.

It worked.

"Shared Fury."

I'm back uwu

Thanks for reading!