❄3) Beginning 🍀

As a big thanks for reading my book, I will publish two chapters today!

Once the boy had finished burying his family, you all headed out to Mount Sagiri.

On the way, the boy had fully introduced himself as Tanjirou Kamado, and his sister, Nezuko. You returned the introduction happily, glad to have a fresh start with the teens.

Soon, you and Tanjirou reached a farmer who was growing crops (leaving Nezuko in a dark cave to protect her), and you couldn't help but find his persistence to pay for the bamboo and materials hilarious.

Once he had smashed the coins into the poor man's hand, you gave a quick bow, him staring at your mask in wonder and confusion.

"You could've been more gentle there!" You scolded, as you reached the cave again, "You should build her a carrier-"

"On it! You and I may just be geniuses (Y/n)- chan!" He grinned, getting to work, as your heart did a backflip.

'These kids..' You knew they would become a weak spot for you..

Once Nezuko was snug in the box, you all left to carry on your journey, passing a worried woman.

"It's getting dark, and you're carrying a huge load.." She held her child close, "You have to cross that mountain." She motioned before you at the tall hill you would soon scale.

You reassured her, "I will watch over them, they will be fine miss."

She sighed watching you go ahead. On your way, you saw an eery station. Although Tanjirou went ahead, Nezuko now out the box, you were fearful and stayed close to him.

"There must be people inside! The lights are on!" He confidently strolled ahead, but you could smell the blood from outside.

And it seemed so did Tanjirou, his face turning into that of horror at the sight.

You ran up to them, gasping at the corpses, your mouth slightly watering as did Nezuko's.

She was almost lost in a trance, the blood and human flesh too much for her to conceal her hunger.

But you were cut out of it when you saw a male demon, clearly hostile and evil, his fingers and teeth dripping with the blood of his victims.

"Oh my god..." You were truly disgusted as he licked his sharp digits, "Tanjirou, I have your back!"

He nodded nervously as the demon spoke, "This is my territory.."

You frowned as he stood up, "Are you three human?" He instantly pounced and you immediately grabbed Nezuko, shaking her out of it.

"Your brother needs you, I know it's hard but you don't need it!" She nodded, her face focused as she ran to her sibling, kicking off the demon's head as he strangled Tanjirou.

'Nice!' You inwardly praised the adorable girl.

You ran over, slightly surprised that the body still moved on its own, despite its decapitation, "Tanjirou, freak out later, the head is aggressive!" You joked as he screamed bloody murder.

You helped Nezuko fight off the body of the demon to your best ability as Tanjirou dealt with the head. But you both were badly beaten, the stamina of the demon too much for you both.

"Crap, sorry Nezuko.." She hummed, holding onto your hand, once again affecting your heart.

Just as the body made its way to give you both a speedy death you heard a cry, "Nezuko, (Y/n)!"

In no time, Tanjirou tackled and shoved the body over the cliff edge, his momentum having consequences, as he also fell over.

But Nezuko dove over just in time, you steadying her as well to drag the boy up.

You all panted, highly exhausted, "You kids, you aren't good for my health..." They both laughed and you got up, helping them both too.

You all headed back to the tree where Tanjirou had successfully pinned the demon head to a tree, and waited patiently for him to do the deed.

"You've got this, just think, he would spread more sorrow if you spared his life..." You tried to encourage the shaking boy.

But he failed to do anything his aura too kind. A random man, spooking both you and Tanjirou, gave some tips to kill the demon.

"Just the knife won't kill him.." He sighed, and you took note of his red Tengu mask, "Come on, solve the riddle."

'I couldn't hear his footsteps!' You raised your eyebrows.

You tilted your head, "I'm gonna guess you are Mr Urokodaki; you don't seem alarmed by me or Nezuko's presence..." He faced you, and Tanjirou stood in awe, "Please treat us well." You bowed, Nezuko cutely copying you.

Tanjirou seemed to have clocked on the hint and went to reluctantly grab a boulder.

"I can tell, you will both be a stressful bunch.." He looked at the returning boy, watching as he stood still, unable to kill the waking monster.

"Nezuko, get inside please, the sun is rising.." You gently ordered as you opened your parasol.

"Tanjirou, it's too late now." You frowned as he dropped the rock in shock.

"I took too long!" He gasped as the demon disintegrated, screaming in agony.

He stood in shame for a while until you placed your hand on his shoulder, "Go and talk to Mr Urokodaki, I will be with Nezuko.."

He nodded, heading to the said man.

//////

You heard a large slap, and soon enough, Tanjirou entered the building where you sat next to a scared Nezuko in the basket.

"Someone got a beating." You smirked as he moodily picked up her up.

You ruffled his hair, "Just learn to act off of your gut feeling.." He smiled at you nodding, which you returned behind your mask.

Having reached the mysterious
man, he stood up from leaning on a tree, "We are running there." He grunted, randomly taking off.

"Thanks for the headstart, old man." You kept a constant pace, used to running such distances, but Tanjirou was practically dying.

"Give me the basket, it's not the lightest material.." He seemed reluctant, so you assured him, "Demon, human, inhuman stamina, weak little lungs."

"F-Fine, catch!" He tossed you the precious cargo, and instantly felt better, the addition of Nezuko, not really doing anything to your speed.

"Here we go!"