❄49) Thanking 🌻

.
..
🌸

'So what.'

Your eyes snapped open, and you were shocked to see that all around you was darkness..

'Where am I..' You stumbled over your own limbs and blushed covering yourself, 'W-Where are my damn clothes!?'

'Don't need them, " You looked ahead, tears filling your eyes, 'It's just you.. And yourself.'

It was true, the 13 year old version of yourself, stood right before your own eyes.

You noticed upon staring that her hands were tainted red, and she had bags beneath her eyes.. Most likely from excessive past crying and lack of sleep.

You sadly smiled, her appearance sparking many painful memories in your heart.

'A-Are you the insecure voice..?' She seemed to have taken offence, scoffing and turning away.

'I'm not insecure, I'm just prepared for the worst.. I'm prepared to die..' The hint of purity and undeserved guilt in her voice made you cry.

'It g-gets so much better (Y/n).. We meet so many loving people that it makes up for our pain..'

Her nose was raised in disbelief and judgement, 'If that's true, then why are you a wreck right now?!'

You flinched and frowned, 'A lot of things are going on right now..'

'No shit, I just killed the family..' Her face turned sour as she rubbed her eyes, 'They probably hate my guts..'

You were close to her in seconds, her hands in yours, 'Don't say that, they don't! Okaa-san said she loves you, even if it was you that killed her and the others..'

Her small frame trembled as did yours, 'S-She.. Did..? You're lying..'

'Yes! And the Old Man said he wants you to carry on the tribe's light.. So keep on marching forward, sinful or not purity for everyone is possible (Y/n)!'

You held her close to you in an embrace as your shoulder grew damp, 'I-I really needed... To hear that..'

You felt a warm radiance, and let go of her to see her body slowly fading away.

'I think I can finally move on now.. (Y/n)..'

Your tears doubled over as her lower half was now gone, 'But what did you earn from this..?'

You gave her a mirrored tearful grin,

'Well... I think I have learnt to finally accept my past.. Because through helping you reach a state of enlightenment, I too have come to understand my belonging in this world...'

I couldn't say I was good.

And I couldn't say I was bad.

But I knew thanks to myself, that I was just a pure little girl..

Manipulated by the fast currents of a thing called evil.

'Arigatou, (Y/n)..'

.
..
🌸