❄39) Encouraging 🍁

Once the dust had settled, you attempted to stand up, but your regeneration speed was so slow due to your exhaustion.

"What's going on Rengoku?" You called out to the man who blocked your view, and glanced at Tanjirou's concerned face.

"One of the upper moon three.." You shook your head as the said demon pounced over to him to deliver a deadly punch.

But the pillar managed to grab his sword to block the attack, his hold never faltering.

"Breath of Flames; Second style, Ascending Blazing Sky!"

In mere seconds, Rengoku dragged his sword upwards and splitting the demon's arm in two. You gasped as he gave you a disgusted look, jumping backwards.

"Really?!" He held up his healing hand, "A demon working for the Demon slayers?!"

Your body shook as he licked up the blood from the sealed wound, "Nice blade by the way..."

"I cannot understand why you are targeting a wounded person.." He clutched his sword, "It's our first time meeting but I already hate you."

"I thought he would get in the way, between me and you..." The demon cracked his neck, "How about you become a demon too?"

His question to the proud demon slayer made you do a double take between the two males, and you could feel the pressure of a fight coming on..

"No chance. I am the Flame Pillar, Rengoku Kyoujurou." The golden eyed male glanced back to check on you, a smile on his face.

'It will be alright.'

Your eyes watered knowing that it wouldn't be at all, "S-Stupid man.."

He looked back to his opponent as he spoke, "I am Akaza."

From then, Akaza went into a ridiculously long rant about how Kyoujurou would ever be able to gain 'supreme territory' because he was human.

You barely managed to stand as the demon was in mid-sentence, "You forget the beauty of being able to die such a peaceful death."

He angrily faced you whilst you spoke, "Humans... Are gifted with death, to join the cycle of life.. But we are cast aside, ignorantly fumbling without any restrictions."

You looked directly at him as Kyoujurou seemed in shock, "HOW IS THAT SUPREME!"

His eyes seemed depressed for a moment, but he shook it off immediately, sneering at your speech,

"I hate weaklings, and you have so much potential, yet you side with them!?"

You nodded with no shame, "What they lack in physical strength, they make up for in clarity of heart!"

Your mark began to glow, even though you had no energy, "They are Katharos!"

You didn't even know what that word meant, but when it left your lips, the ground around you sprouted various spring bulbs. And they opened up to release some sort of sweet aroma.

You fell down into them as Rengoku felt his moral strength increase, "Those flowers... They give me even more will to fight (Y/n).."

This was the first time this had ever happened, and you guessed that this was one of your healing support abilities.

'To give your teammates a boost in moral strength, when times get rough,' But it took up so much energy from your core.

You panted as Akaza seemed really unimpressed, "You done?"

"These two are not weak, " Rengoku took more steps towards the demon, "No matter what kind of motivation I may have. I will not become a demon."

Akaza squinted his eyes, prepared to fight, "I see."

"Technique Deployment; Destructive Kill, Compass needle."

Tanjirou seemed conflicted as he glanced around to look for his sword, but Rengoku stopped him.

"Don't move! If your wound opens up it will be fatal!!" He blocked the demon's powerful attack just in time, "Standby solider!!"

This made both you and Tanjirou shocked, as Inosuke soon joined your side, swords out.

"Don't mind the weaklings Kyoujurou!!" The striped male shouted, "Focus on me, give it all you got!!!"

Veins began to protrude from the said male's neck as he took deep breaths, "Breath of Flames; Fifth Style..."

"FLAME TIGER!!!"
//
"DESTRUCTIVE KILL: WAR STYLE!!!"

.
.
.

And I- oop.

Thanks for reading... :) ❤