❄13) Worrying 🍃

You got out of Yushiro's arms and took out your sword, activating your Snowbreath to cool your body temperature.

"Y-You fight too?!" The teen demon was in pure shock and admiration, "Simply a beauty.."

As much as you wanted to gloat, killing these demons was your task on hand.

You leapt in front of Tanjirou, deflecting a ball thrown by the demoness, "She must be an underling.."

Tanjirou tilted his head in confusion, "How do you know?"

"Because surely a demon wouldn't need any help to fight if they were that powerful. So she probably isn't a 12 moon demon."

There was no response, which made you realise, he couldn't see the arrows.

"Here! Let me give you my sight!" Yushiro threw a spell paper, and despite the bad damage to his eye, the pin landed onto Tanjirou's forehead.

"I can see them! Nezuko, take the injured lady someplace else! (Y/n) deal with the other demon out there!" His commands were irritating to your soul, but you followed them in the moment.

"Sir yes sir." You hissed running out the room as he sweatdropped.

'Sorry (Y/n)...' He mentally sighed.

Meanwhile, you used your infrared vision to locate the other demon, and was glad to finally see red and blue shapes.

Although, around the hands was particularly hot, which was an abnormality..

You placed your palm on the ground, " Snowbreath; Fourth Style, Subzero Shatter!" All your energy went into freezing the tree he stood in.

"Break!" You jabbed the frozen ground with immense power using your sword handle.

Your aim was slightly off, but to your luck, the tree still shattered to pieces, some of the damage affecting him.

"Damn it! Take this!" A set of arrows were about to hit you, when Nezuko appeared, kicking the demon.

"Nezuko! Be careful!" You warned the girl, "His arrows can physically affect us!"

But you were too late, and she was sent off in the direction she came, harshly landing into Tanjirou.

"Damn it!" You controlled your anger, as it didn't help keep a low body temperature.

You did however take note of how his arrows were cut off when he closed his hand-eyes... So that could be useful.

"Sorry I'm late (Y/n)!" To your surprise, Tanjirou had actually come to fight the demon with you.

"But what about the other-"

"Nezuko and the others have got it covered, they are demons after all.."

You nodded, going next to him, "He controls the direction of whatever comes in contact with the arrows. Up down, left or right.."

Tanjirou was so focused on the demon, that he saw the arrow that shot out the ground to get you, jumping in its way.

"Tanjirou!" He was thrashed about, and you couldn't even cut the arrow, "Snowbreath; Sixth style, Dance of the lonely Snowflake!"

You began to spin on the spot, with the momentum of the incoming attacks, and slashed all the power in the direction of the demon.

The move was so effective, that it made him crash into the wall, temporarily knocking him out.

And Tanjirou was finally set free, with you running over to the hurt male, "Are you okay? Stupid question I know.."

You held his hands, healing his wounds as quickly as possible, "You have gained internal wounds.."

You frowned, your infrared vision showing extreme high temperatures in his chest area, "Try to be careful please." You held his cheek.

He nodded curtly, and got up to fight, "But you have to let me protect you now."

You smiled at his determination, "Sure, just kill him already!"

Tanjirou would have answered, had an arrow not been sent his way. But he jumped over it in time to prepare a midair attack.

'The number of arrows going for him right now... What could he possibly do!?'

Your worrying was cut short, as he took a good hold of his sword, "Twisting cyclone current... Second style modified; Horizontal wheel!"

The head of the hand demon was ripped off of his neck, and it rolled away.

"Damn it!" He cried, the body still working, "All I had to do was kill you brats, and bring back his head so the Great One could recognize my talent!"

A bunch of arrows were shot through Tanjirou's body and you cried out in shock, "Tanjirou!"

"As long as I perish along with you!" The demon yelled, sending Tanjirou in all different directions at high speeds.

But your teammate managed to soften most of the landings with his sword style.

However, you knew the hits would be taking a toll on his internal wounds..

"Twisting whirlpool!" He gave out a final attack, spinning his body fast enough to destroy all the arrows pinned to him.

But when he fell down, the damage that the arrows caused him was crystal clear. When you had approached him, his body was twitching in agony, his breathing irregular.

And it made you feel worthless, "Tanjirou I'm so sorry.." You unbuttoned his blazer, "Please let me heal the internal wounds.."

He didn't fight as you placed your hands on his upper chest, "I can't believe I let this happen to you.. After all you did for me.."

Tears started to glide down your face, as he opened his eyes, "You made me so happy though.."

You shook your head, "How did I? You got so badly injured.."

He sat up, your healing making his pain dissipate, "You let me protect you for once."

Your hands dropped from his chest, and your heart did backflips in your rib cage, "But at what cost... Look how much pain it caused to you!"

He laughed at your flustered state, "I can take it, if it means you'll be okay."

'Damn this guy..' You looked down, a blush creeping up on your cheeks.

"Let's go sort out that demoness!" He took a hold of your hand, dragging you along.

"Tanjirou, l-let go of m-my hand!" You squealed.

Don't worry, there will be another chapter up today!

Thanks for reading! ❤