❄34) Ride 🍁

"Inosuke that's dangerous... STOP HANGING OUT THE WINDOW NOW!" Your voice almost cracked as you had to tell off the boisterous teen once again, "How immature.."

"WOW! WOW, it's so fast!" He looked like a content wild dog.

"He might just jump out the window at this rate, whooo.." A waking Yuki faced the boy, her head turning fully.

"Eh, I do think he is special, but not that damn stupid-"

"I'm gonna get out and run!! I'm gonna have a race to see which one of us is faster!"

You flinched as the idiot proved you wrong, "INOSUKE THERE IS A LIMIT TO STUPIDITY!"

Zenitsu yanked back the determined male just as Rengoku spoke up.

"It's dangerous, I don't know when the demon's gonna appear!" This made all of you deadpan in shock.

"I-Impossible, this could be far too risky for the boys!" If it wasn't for Yuki who softly pecked your hand, your fears would've got the best of you.

He grinned your way, "In a short period of time, more than 40 people would've disappeared from this train!"

"Were there no other swordsmen?" You sat up on edge while he thought.

"Yes, but they never reported back! So that's why I'm here as a Pillar (Y/n)!" You clicked your tongue looking out the window as Tanjirou shivered in fear.

"Tch, just make sure they don't get too injured, they just got over a previous beating..." This earned you a thoughtful look from the man, and he nodded.

"Haaaah, I see!!" Zenitsu's face was something to behold, "I'm getting off!"

"Zenitsu, sit down, he's a Pillar so you have to have some faith in him.." Just as you said those words, the conductor entered the carriage.

Both you and Tanijrou could sense something off about this guy as he approached your section.

'He seems so glum, and that aura... It's so cold and hopeless!'

"I will... Look at your tickets please.."

"The conductor is going to confirm your tickets and punch holes in them!" Rengoku held out his, and you squinted your eyes.

'Has he not noticed yet?'

"I have seen them.." The conductor barely whispered, making Rengoku stand up right away.

"Conductor it's dangerous, so stand down!" He pulled out his sword, "It's an emergency, so I would prefer if you don't ask me why I have a sword on me!"

As soon as his commands left his mouth, a large demon fell through the roof, its muscles pumping with power.

It's intimidating face made everyone in the carriage freak out, and Rengoku approached him.

"The Flame sword of Rengoku... Will burn you down to the ground!!"

You stood up as the demon towered over him, "Rengoku, be carefu-...!"

"Breath of Flames; First style, Sea of Fire!"

In a flash, the demon's body was encapsulated within a burst of bright flames, and Rengoku stood behind the falling fiend.

'A-Amazing!' Your eyes glimmered as the man turned back to you.

"That was awesome aniki!!" Tanjirou fanboyed, eyes watering, "Make me your disciple!!"

"Sure thing!" The Flame Pillar grinned, putting his sword away, "(Y/n), you gonna sit down now?"

This caught you off guard, and you plopped back down, arms crossed, "I-I was gonna do so anyway! You didn't have to.. tell me."

Your face burned as the male kept that smug grin on his face, "I'll make you into fine swordsmen!"

"Me too!" Both Inosuke and Zenitsu stupidly submitted to the man.

"Tch, whatever.." You sighed as Rengoku placed his hand onto your head.

"I'll look after every single one of you!!" Your pupils dilated in shock, and you shook off his hand in a flustered mess.

"Train those imbeciles first, then I will respect you!" You pouted under your mask as Yuki hopped onto your shoulder.

"(Y/n) has high standards, whoooo!" She nuzzled her beak in your raised hand, "Youuuu have to earn her respect.."

You looked to the side as the man blinked at the bird's words, "Sure!"

This made you gasp and look back to the male, "R-Rengoku.."

Your mouth went agape as the three boys cheered for their new 'aniki'.

/////////////

In no time, the males fell asleep, but you stayed awake, staring out the window. You felt far to uneasy to just rest like them.

"(Y/n)..." Yuki nudged your arm in worry, taking you out of your trance.

"Do you feel it Yuki?" Your eyes shone red for a moment under your illuminated mask, "That evil presence, is so close."

The owl looked up out the window also, "I can't feel it, but I trust your instincts (Y/n), whooo..."

Sorry for the lack of updates!

(つ◉益◉)つ My apologies...

But I will be publishing as many chapters today as possible :) I actually like this arc!

Thanks for reading! :) ❤