❄58) Seniors 🌺

Your bare feet grew sore and blistered as the forest ground was proving to be a harsh obstacle.

'Muzan is at the headquarters.. That means Oyakata-sama is...' Sweat rolled down the side of your face as horrible scenarios played in your mind.

You wouldn't make it in time. That you knew for certain, as it took a week to manage locking down on Muzan's whereabouts. But no matter how irrational or wreckless you had been these past couple of days, you didn't regret anything.

You got an insight on some of his left over henchmen, and understood his actual intentions with you.

This made a lot of things make sense, considering how he wouldn't do anything to personally harm you, and even his minions hesitated to do any damage.

So other than the sun, it was safe to say you were his other weakness.

You took a break, the familiar shaky feeling hitting your body like a wave. Upon stumbling by a nearby tree, you decided to take a momentary break to cool down your rushing mind.

After your small moment of breathing, you got back up and wiped your forehead, "Mother Nature, if you will."

And sure enough, your heartbeat sped up as she granted you some more strength to carry on moving.

////// A week later...

'I can hear loud crashes..!" Your eyes strained as you soon approached the recognisable gates, 'And it smells so much of blood..!"

Without hesitation you took out your sword and used it to boost your body over the wall since the guards were not there to let you in.

You looked at your clothing once more and grimaced, putting your sword back.

"I hate this." A frown grew on your lips as you entered a crushed and flipped building, "If I'd have been there to help, then maybe things wouldn't have gotten so out of hand-"

Just as you slowed down, a crow with a message attached to it's chest flew over your head, "KAW! DEAD!! KOCHOU SHINOBU IS DEAD!!"

You skidded to a halt, heart racing as it continued:

"SHE DIED AFTER A CONFRONTATION WITH UPPER MOON 2!!"

"W-why..?" A dull ringing pain hit your ears you clutched your sword handle, "Rengoku-aniki... Oyakata-sama.."

And now Shinobu-chan.

"(Y/n)..?!"

You heard quick footsteps before a pair of hands rushed to pick you up, "C-can't you hear anything..?"

Once you had looked up your eyes watered upon finally seeing such a friendly face.

"Zenitsu!" You hugged him out of the blue and he almost fell from shock.

"I-I'm so glad.. You're okay!" Your tears flowed for the second time in front of the teen and he stood, unsure on what to do.

"It's good to see you again too (Y/n).. Yuki told me everything.." He put you down once you had gained balance.

But even though your reunion with your friend was sweet, the presence of yet another demon swayed in your senses.

And from the way Zenitsu held your hand tight, you were sure he knew as well. However you really needed to drink some blood, your fatigue was far too strong.

"Zenitsu, I need you to help me out.." He nodded, face serious, " Right now, I'm weak and can't do much, so I need-"

Before you could even finish, the male had pulled you close to his neck, "Be quick, it's not safe."

"Alright," Wasting no time, your teeth sunk into his flesh and you drank as quick as possible.

And just as you were finishing, the door in front of you both creaked open, making you gasp.

Zenitsu managed to shove you behind him, hand held above his sword handle as long nails peeked through the side of the door.

His face darkened with a shadow, "You're there right? Come on out. I know you're there."

You wiped your lips of their blood stain and readied to fight as well. But Zenitsu held out a hand to this gesture.

"Please don't interfere with this fight, I need to do this on my own." He slowly stated as you frowned.

"B-But I can fight Zenitsu, you just gave me blood because I was weak-"

"So that you would be able to run away if need be! It's dangerous, his swordstyle is lightning as well.." He shouted without realising his voice made you flinch.

"..How does he..?" You grew so confused as the demon opened the door finally, "That would mean they also trained under your.. Master."

The teenager said nothing in return and just grew more agitated as the demon made his full introduction.

"That is no way to speak to your senior.." He had a wicked grin that displayed all of his horrific teeth.

And just as you registered his old Demon Slayer uniform beneath the black kimono he wore, his marked eyes fell onto you.

"And who's this,"

A loud clash was heard as both males were at a sword standoff, with you cowering behind Zenitsu as the demon leant with all his might

'How has neither blade broke yet..!'

Your breathing grew rapid as he studied you and Zenitsu's bite mark intently, "Really, you let a demon feed off of you. As usual, you're a bit shabby. It's been a while Zenitsu.."

This didn't seem to affect the boy as he slowly but surely managed to push the demon back, protecting you in seconds.

"..Kaigaku," The name left his lips like venom, "Now that you've become a demon.. I no longer think of you as my senior."

'Zenitsu.. Just who is this guy that makes you so mad..?'

Hey there! Another chapter, since it's been a whole week now.. This break off of college has got me in a chill mood uwu.

Thanks for reading! :)💜