❄41) Talking 🌻

"Tanjirou, Inosuke, you should stop crying.. It isn't what he would've wanted." You lifted your hand from the lifeless body and sat in silence.

"Yeah, don't cry even if you feel regret!!" Inosuke shouted with clear tears pouring out his mask.

You smiled inwardly, but held a hand to your temple as a dull pang started to rise in your head.

In mere seconds, the only faint noise that you could hear was the light breaths coming out of your mouth. And the booming of your heart against your ribcage.

"(Y/n)?!"

You tried to look towards the quiet voice, but before you could even fully turn, your eyes shut, and a familiar unconsciousness came over you.

'Not again..'

////////////

As your mind drifted back into reality, you squinted your eyes in pain from the previous mission.

'That smell... Lavender..'

"Your face all scrunched up is delightful."

Your shock only made your slight migraine double over as you decided to speak.

"Why am I here, Giyu? Where are the others?" You didn't mean to be rude, you just worried about your team, "Please tell me they are okay.."

You sat up in fright and opened your eyes to glance around you.

It was a neat room with simple furniture and all the blinds shut, blocking out the setting sun.

'Guessing that's because of me..'

"Yes, the others are fine." You turned your head to see the man behind the voice, "You were split from them for a reason.."

He met your gaze and gave you a strange look as you spoke with a gentle voice, "Was it because of my fatigue?"

"Partially." He turned back to staring in the distance, "It was quite dangerous, considering that your whole team was still learning."

"I knew I was dragging them down.." Your words inwardly shocked the man, and he turned to see you smile gently, "It was only a matter of time."

"You still fought well (Y/n), " He reached for your head, "Oyakata-sama knew it would be best to be your guardian."

Your cheeks burned as his hand slowly patted your messy head of hair.

"S-So I look weak to you." You pouted whilst he cleared his throat sensing your anger, "I'm serious.."

He removed his hand quickly, "Don't take offence. This is just till you feel recovered."

His words made you sigh, "So I am gaining protection and food... Whilst you gain nothing."

His nose slowly turned darker as you raised a brow, "Not necessarily."

You too caught onto the awkwardness of your statement, and had to look down in embarrassment.

"Sorry, I forgot about that for a moment." You were so busy ranting, the memory of your first kiss left your mind.

"Glad you are on board, " He turned away and took a deep breath.

"How rude of me.." You recomposed yourself, before looking back at Giyu, "I promise never to forget, even for a moment."

He gave you a small rare smile, which sent your heart to the peaks of heaven and back.

You crawled over to the shocked male as his eyes widened, "(Y/n)?"

"Hush a second." You placed your feet onto the floor and leant into him.

You felt his breath hitch as your lips pressed against his in a warm kiss once again. His crossed arms gradually came undone as he wrapped them around you.

You soon pulled away when things got a bit much for you, "I want to be the reason you can smile.."

He could only sit and try to conceal his feelings, instead choosing to show his appreciation of your commitment.

He held your cheek, "You already are."

Your lips connected once more with his, as you felt something glide down your face...

You pulled away and covered your mouth with the back of your hand, "Oh my gosh, don't cry Giyu..!"

He let out a sigh as you wiped his tears, "They are of joy, I am not sad (Y/n)."

"For real?" Your blush deepened as he nodded, "So you're infatuated with me."

He shook his head, "Don't get carried away."

You stuck out your tongue and flopped back onto the bed when he let go.

"So is there gonna be a regime for my feeding, or will I have to follow you?" You rocked your feet as he watched you.

"The second option would work best for me, considering I am mostly on the move." He pulled you back up, "But for now, feed whilst we are here."

Your face turned scarlet as he offered himself to you, "What is it (Y/n)?"

You slapped your cheeks to calm down as he watched your possessed behaviour.

"Sorry! I just need to get used to you saying that.." Your pupils dilated as you faced his open collar.

He was wearing his shirt without the blazer today, so you guessed there was no summoning for him today.

"Uh, I am quite hungry.. I don't want to hurt you.." You fiddled with your skirt whilst he shook his head.

"It is fine." He pulled you over once again.

Your hands slowly opened the shirt and you leant to his neck, "You know, I'm beginning to think that you like this.."

"..." You tilted your head to reach another area, and your teeth bit through his skin as he released a sigh.

The sweet flavour of his blood danced over your tastebuds, as you glided your hands over his shoulders.

When you pulled away, the two punctures bled slightly, and you licked it up, sending shivers through him.

"Is it like acupuncture or something?" You leant back whilst he sat quietly in deep thought.

"Not sure, it's not every day I let a demon drink my blood." His voice dripped with sarcasm as you grunted.

"No need to be rude.." You rolled your eyes as he rested his head on your shoulder again.

"Don't take it to heart, (Y/n)." He yawned.

"Whooo, get a room you two."