❄27) Returning 🌹

You and Inosuke were both currently behind a tree that you managed to hide behind for a few minutes.

At this point, Inosuke was panting, and his breathing was truly laboured. All of which couldn't amount to the gashes and scars he had gained through this battle.

And of course, you held onto his hands, trying to heal him as best as you could. But deep in the corner of your mind, you couldn't help but feel hopeless...

Your energy levels were plummeting due to excessive healing, and if you were to fight, who would watch Inosuke?

It was all just a horrible mess.

"It's so pathetic of me to be hiding in a place like this." He groaned, "But we have to think of something to do, other than swords (Y/n)."

You didn't respond, desolation slowly filling your heart as tears fell down your cheeks..

You tried to be optimistic in every situation.. You always have.

But right now was taking the piss.

"(Y/n)?" You snapped out of your deep sadness when his shaking hand held your head.

You blinked, everything becoming clear and bright from his action, "Don't let me see that face, dammit."

In seconds, you were pulled away from the tree that was punched down, "Stay behind me a sec!"

He shoved you into some bushes, "I can fight you know-"

"Exactly! You can't waste your energy on this dickhead!!" He readied his swords, "Prepare for another fight, this one is mine!"

"At least think of a strategy!!" You called out to him one last time.

"Forget thinking of a strategy!" He hissed, blocking a hit from the monster as he ran back to it, "I got contaminated by Tontaro's germs! That was close!"

You sweatdropped as he stubbornly avoided planning out any attack.

He swung his sword down with double the impact, "I was using my head! THAT ISN'T LIKE MEEEE!"

You gasped as he was, in fact, able to cut through both of the demon's arms in a quick attack.

"Because I got two blades! UHAHAHAHA!! I'M AWESOME!" He shamelessly bragged as you stood up.

The demon got up and ran away, making your teammate double over in confusion.

"Shiiit, where did that bastard run off to?!" He spat in anger whilst you tracked it down, the place being up in a tree.

"He's up there!" You warned the male, "He is shaking a tonne, that can't be-"

"UAHAHA!! You're completely shivering in fear of me!" You smacked your forehead as the demon started moulting into a bigger entity.

"Oh for fuck's sake! Stop bragging sometimes, and look with open eyes!!" You scolded your teammate as the demon jumped back down.

This time, he was double the size of the boy, his teeth tripling in numbers.

"An even prettier face.." You sighed.