❄36) Awake 🍁

As the possessed train accelerated along the tracks, the bumpy movements gradually made your team aware of their need to hurry up.

"Inosuke! This train is no longer safe!!" Tanjirou warned the other boy, "Protect those who are sleeping!!"

Said male didn't turn around, but decided to brag, voice deep, "I knew it. It was just as I anticipated... SO THAT MEANS I WAS RIGHT!"

Inosuke crouched down, "Breath of the Beast; Fifth Fang, Mad cleave!"

He propelled his body through the train, destroying the many parts of demon flesh that attempted to wrap up sleeping people's heads.

"You ought to prostrate yourselves before me!! Worship and adore me!!" He yelled to anyone awake, "I'm gonna save every last one of them!"

His attack enabled him to easily get a full circle guaranteed hit on all opponents that surrounded him. In this case, it was the many clumps of demon flesh on the train.

Whilst he was busy shredding and tearing his way through the task, Nezuko was still in the carriage with an unconscious Zenitsu, you and Rengoku.

She managed to hold her ground, making her vow to protect all the innocent people a true reality. She tactically clawed at all the sprouting mounds of flesh, but soon she found herself stuck.

The flesh managed to slowly wind itself around each of her limbs, gradually constricting every attempt she made to fight.

Just as it began to apply dangerous pressure, a bright flash of yellow went past her, and the flesh was instantly eradicated.

And the nervous wreck himself landed before his crush, "Breath of Lighting; First style, Thunder clap flash, Six-Fold!!"

Nezuko stood in awe as the boy made his next promise, "I will protect you. Nezuko-chan."

But the moment he said those words, he just had to fall asleep of course, "I'll protegth sgh.."

Whilst Zenitsu decided to have a momentary nap, the flame-loving man that your head was resting upon finally regained his consciousness.

"Hmmm!" He opened his huge golden eyes, "It seems like things took a turn while I was having my nap!!"

He was going to just jump up, but having seen your resting figure clearly leaning on him, he gently laid you down on the seat.

He glanced at the injured bird on the floor and picked her up, "You both rest, we have your back!"

The owl was placed in your arms as he took off in a flash, "As a pillar, I am ashamed of myself! If there is a hole, I wanna go into it!"

He yanked his sword out in seconds, and made a giant hit within the next few carriages, soon meeting up with Tanjirou.

Rengoku knelt down to the teen, "Kamado my boy!"

"Rengoku-san!" The redhead was so surprised by the pillar's surprise entrance.

"I managed to land some very minor slashes along the way! And I think the demons will take some time to regenerate"

He clutched his sword, "There is no time, allow me to explain: There are eight total carriages, I'll protect the back five! Yellow boy and your sister will protect the other three..."

Tanjirou seemed as though he couldn't really comprehend the situation, but the man continued.

"You, and bore head boy will go for the neck of the demon while watching out for the front three cars!" This made the teenager utterly confused.

"Neck?! But now the demons-"

Rengoku leant super close to the boy's face, eyes practically popping out, "It doesn't matter what he looks like, as long as he's a demon, he'll have a neck!!"

He gave his subordinate a last cheerful grin, "I'm also looking for a weak spot, it's time to get fired up boy!!"

In milliseconds, he sped through the air, causing the whole carriage to tremble for the sheer power of his jump.

Tanjirou fell back due to his friend's exit, and when he sat back up, all that was left was the twirling of flames he left in his path.

The boy smelt the air and grimaced due to the stench the upper train produced. He immediately stood up and called out for his other teammate,

"Inosuke, where are you!?"

"Shut up, I'll kill you!" The blue-haired boy's voice boomed through the ceiling, and Tanjirou looked up.

Inosuke ended up having to run across the top of the train due to Rengoku interrupting his demon killing spree in the previous carriages.

"Googly eyes just had to butt in!" He groaned, speeding up, "But somehow... He's so awesome! It pisses me off so much!"

Tanjirou continued to fight his way through to get closer to the engine of the train as Inosuke caught up to being above his teammate.

"Inosuke, watch out for the front three cars!!" Tanjirou managed to speed up his march ahead.

"I know! And I'll find it soon!!" Inosuke leapt over to the next carriage, "With my full focus style!"

He knew that this demon must've had a weak spot somewhere...

"It's where the coal is stockpiled, isn't it.." You shocked the masked boy as you held your skirt down, "Sorry for the surprise entrance!"

"(Y/n)!" He exclaimed as you went ahead, "What about your chicken!?"

You sighed, shaking your head, "She's a barn owl you idiot! And she is in my blazer!"

"Your blazer?!" He shrieked, "Where though-"

"Stop asking questions, let's head to the front already, alright Tanjirou!?" You looked down at the sleeping bird by your chest.

"Alright!"