❄74) Shrink 🌷

"Wh-what..?"

The pillar's eyes widened. She couldn't believe what she was doing, but you on the other hand had everything under control in your head.

'She fought against me as a fair opponent, she forgot I was a demon most likely, ' You could still feel your clothing near your stomach dampening, 'My healing is now reduced..'

The Nichirin qualities were truly prominent, and your mind began to drift off to the barely fertilized egg that could be potentially resting in your womb. Truth be told, the angle at which the blade had pierced you, was more to your diaphragm.

Despite all of this, you still stood and took the pain, remembering your goal, "Please, if we are now working together then let's go aid Urokodaki.. Nezuko is still undergoing changes.."

Your hand had absentmindidly  went to rub your abdomen, the action obvious in its caring intentions..

Kanroji sighed, her cheeks blooming with colour due to this, "I'm really sorry (Y/n).. But tell me the details later please!"

You furrowed your brows in response, hand dropping in embarrassment, "Y-Yes.. Let's go then."

As you both ran to the previous fighting scene, it was clear that Urokodaki was able to finish off one of the two duplicate demons. However this one that was left, practically oozed dealiness.. The anger that spilled out it's eyes as it locked onto its new prey was far more paralyzing than Oshi's.

That new prey was you and mostly Kanroji.

"O-Oshi.. can you not deactivate this duplicate..?" You couldn't even glance to check if he was present, your eyes glued and focused.

A wave of relief went over you both as a voice responded, "No. This is unlike anything I have ever made with my brother.. It's just--"

"Pure rage." Your sword shook as you tried to control your breathing again, "Tell me Oshi, if you remember, what always calmed you..?"

He took time to think, grunting in frustration, "..The sunrise.."

The feeling grew contagious as Kanroji frowned, "What a sad fact that you can't see it.."

"More so he couldn't, but now he can, " Your mask was still attached at your hip even though you didn't wear it, "I'm guessing it will still feel calmer if we allow it to see."

"Where did you get this idea..?" The Love Pillar nudged you, "Miss Smart! How admirable.."

You smiled briefly as you tried to think about this methodically. You didn't necessarily have to kill the demon, but instead distract it out into the sunlight..

As for Oshi, you had the hunch that he could change his size like Nezuko.. Then you could hide him from harms way..

"Getting the demon slow enough won't be easy, " You spoke to them both, "But with your help Kanroji, perhaps we can do this.. Oshi, stay in the shadows."

Your commands buzzed through his head, something about your voice made him feel obligated to follow your wish. Even if he tried to escape in a narrow minded fashion, he doubted you would even let him get far..

"Shouldn't I help to fight..?" His voice wavered as you released your tension, hands still.

"Watch how we fight," You and Kanroji advanced, "Even if you won't gain a blade like mine, take note on our intentions!"

It was plain to see that even as his pure rage form, Oshi's temper was a true hindrance to his potential.

He needed to be shown how to be calmer and more calculative of his movements by someone firm and strong like yourselves.

The demon let out a furious cry, it's voice shaking all the present beings from their stillness. It's fists were raised, falling down with tense muscles to deliver a fatal blow your way.

"Breath of Snow.." You watched as you crouched, hands touching the floor, "Fourth style; Sub zero shatter!"

The demons large legs slipped as you quickly spread the cold frost from the palms of your hand, glove removed. This then effected it's hit, fists landing beside you in a crater..

Whilst it was bent down, Kanroji took the chance to attack it's body with more pestering hits, drawing it further away from its cover in the forest.

"Breath of Love, Fifth Style: Wavering Attachment - Messy Nails!!"

She tactically backflipped over the demon as it swung for her, using her ribbon like blade to coil it around it's neck..

But not enough to kill it, as you grew to learn that she had her blade on the blunt side..

It still thrashed about, and when you saw the sun just peeking from the trees below the mountain, you took action.

It had to be still and see what was before it, "Breath of Snow..."

You let your mind drift off into the calmest places in your soul, channelling all the tranquillity now in your heart..

As your blade tip touched the ground in front of you, the demon swayed, your move far less frightening..

"..Hibernation." You breathed, effortlessly bringing a calm to the battle..

Like the untouched blanket of snow on a winter's morning, your move hushed all blood cravings and instead created the nullifying of all attacks.

And as the sun arose, the growling  the demon had previously let out, reduced to nothing.. It's eyes finally set on the beautiful orb as it claimed the sky.

A small smile graced your face and Kanroji pointed behind you, the tugging on your yukata drawing you out from the moment..

Your eyes travelled down until they locked on the big black eyes of a chibi demon. It's aura way less threatening, and tears spilling down it's pale green cheeks.

The moment you realised who it was, your smile doubled over and you wrapped him in your clothing, mask set on his face.

"I hope you remember you're not immune to the light like me.." You chuckled, a warm feeling spreading through you as he shook in tears, "Do you see the sun through it's eyes..?"

".." A brisk nod.

You watched the other demon, it's face glowing with a smile as it was brought to crying.. Even though it's body was slowly disintegrating, the happiness it let off was priceless.

'Th-thank you (Y/n)..'

"Oshi.. That happiness you just felt. Let it be your reason to carry on, leave all your turmoil behind and share with me your hardships. Trust in me.. I am here for you now."

Your reassuring words were a shock to him, it had been years since he felt that vulnerable.. So sure enough, it sent the troubled demon off to a deep sleep.

"Now, you have a lot of explaining to do (Y/n)!" You giggled as you looked up at the wreck of a pillar, "F-For real, you just scream motherly power!!"

You tilted your head at her, "Let's go get Nezuko and Urokodaki, then I'll tell you everything.."

Voila, bone apple teeth! Another sweet chapter~  🌟

Thanks for reading! :) ❤