❄61) Sensing 🍂

You had soon caught up with Yushiro and paused turning around for a moment, having heard a large crash from behind you.

The other Demon Slayers seemed as though they hadn't heard it, but it bothered you.. Considering how it sounded like three individuals using their attacks.

"(Y/n)," You turned to Yushiro, "What's wrong?"

You frowned, turning back, "I think I know who that is.. Making those crashes.."

He seemed like he already knew that you wanted to leave, and took a deep breath before smiling (which was creepy since he never did).

"I feel reluctant to do this," He turned away, "But go. It's Tanjirou that I can sense.. And someone else."

"You can be so sweet, " You blushed before nodding,
"Arigatou, I'll see you soon, be safe."

And with that, you took your leave, running back into the depths of the unsafe environment.

You were scared, but you knew this was what you needed to do. You had already used your Infrared vision to track down their bodies' location.

And from what you were seeing, the various spots of red were alarming. Whoever they were facing..

The wounds were similar to when.. Rengoku-aniki was..

Defeated.

"I must hurry, " You took deep breaths and focused your speed to your feet, "There!"

You turned to see a crashed wall, with Tanjirou stood wobbling. And a room away Giyu was sent, about to crash into the wall.

"Oh my," You leapt over and grabbed his shirt to haul him to a stop.

You flipped the two of you over so that you took the leftover damage, his weight causing you to gasp.

And that's when a horrific pain hit you like a wave in your head, making tears prick at your eyes.

"Sh-Shit, what are these head pains," You wiped your tears away, "Giyu, you awake?"

The said man was still laid down, his head shaking as he fought to stay concious.

You frowned, holding his head to heal his clear concusion. It was defiantly that demon.

Akaza.

"Dual Layered Demon Wick!!"

"Bone Burning Sun!!"

A huge collision crash resonated in the building.

The attacks came from the other room, and your heart dropped as you realised Tanjirou was in there by himself.

"I'm gonna have to go help him, " You looked down, delivering the bruised man a quick peck on his forehead, "This shit stops now."

You got up and dusted off the dreaded dress despite how much you hated it. Your hand clutched your sword hilt before you took off.

"Nice moves, " The vile voice travelled into your ears as rage boiled in your mind, "You've trained so much in a short time!"

You growled entering the room as he continued babbling on in his casual sarcastic manner.

"Let me praise you, your talent makes my eyes pop out, " He turned to you as he spoke, "Unlike that man Kyoujurou.. I'm glad he died that night!"

You mouth opened slightly as Tanjirou lost his temper, your nails growing as your fangs showed up more.

"What was that?" Tanjirou's aura was black as his eyes grew wide.

"Don't talk about Rengoku-aniki." You cracked your knuckles as the rose printings slowly grew and decorated your skin.

He smirked your way, "Once again, you fail to intimidate me with that cute face.. Are you trying to impress me?"

You spat by his feet, "No, I'm trying to finish what Aniki started."

He seemed disappointed in this, "You see, I hate weaklings, and Rengoku had so much potential had he just agreed to become a demon!"

"You're just badmouthing him," Tanjirou seemed so upset, "So you even loath babies? Every weak creature..?"

"I think you're confused, " You turned to the side, "I'm not trying to comfort you or anything, but even you were the same at some point. A weakling. But you lost against the influence of corrupt power-"

"NONSENSE," Akaza yelled making you flinch, " The laws of nature dictate that they will be eliminated."

"The strong should aid and protect the weak, " Your eyes widened as your heart grew alight, "Then the weak will become stronger and in turn they will aid and protect those weaker than them!!"

'Tanjirou..' It was then, your mind went into a distant memory from your youth...

//// Flashback...🌸

Age: 5 years old

"Okaa-san, why do the thorns grow above the pretty flowers, " You groaned poking the sharp plant, "They're so ugly."

This made your mother chuckle as large hands lifted you up, "Eh?"

Your (E/c) eyes locked with the same brave hue as you smiled, "Otou-san!"

He grinned raising you above the bushes, where the thorns grew high and sprouted small and delicate baby pink flowers.

Your eyes sparkled as you reached out to touch the soft petals, "You see (Y/n), it may seem as though the thorns are just tough and mean.."

You blinked as your father brought you back down, "But they must do such things in order to ensure their precious flowers bloom high in the spring sun."

He kissed your forehead as he stood back up, your cheeks rosy red and a pout on your face.

"And then they too will carry on to grow into thorns by the next spring." Your grandma ruffled your hair.

"..I still think their ugly, hmph!"

//// End of Flashback...🌸

Tanjirou lifted his head to point his sword forward, "That, is the Law of Nature!"

A lone tear found it's way down your cheek as you smiled, "I-I understand now.. Otou-san.."

Whether he realised or not, Tanjirou ignited the true flames of justice within you.

And as for anything that stood in your way now, you were gonna burn it all down.
🔥

Is it just me or does anyone think Akaza's patterns look like or remind you of Hidan's from Naruto Shippuden?😂

Thanks for reading! ❤