{50} Trust Fund Baby

Song lyric is from: Trust Fund Baby -Why Don't We
~

Daniel left and I sighed at my now loneliness. I shifted when I felt how sore I am in my thighs. That's what I didn't miss about hooking up with Daniel.

I heard a knock and I laughed.

I opened the door, "Daniel, you have to-" I stopped talking and my eyes widened. "Chase?"

"Hey Maddie. Long time no see... Or talk."

Chase Blanchet. My brother, a monster I've lived with for sixteen years.
Okay, he's not a complete monster but he's a jerk. He's older than me by three years and they say your older siblings are supposed to protect you but he didn't.
I used to constantly get mentally abused by my parents while he stood by as a perfect child. Good grades and a college graduate but me, decent grades and making a career out of social media; something no one in my family supported.
As a child I got bullied but Chase would do nothing to help me. He's even had a few girlfriends in his life that were all bitches and still, he did absolutely nothing.
He's definitely a good reason why I decided to leave Ohio and move to Los Angeles but before Christina moved I lived part time in New York. I didn't think anyone in my so called family would find me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I was careful to keep my voice down low.

"I wanted to see how you're doing since you blocked us on everything."

"Us? I highly doubt any of you want to see how I'm doing."

He walked in without my permission and I rolled my eyes.

"You make good money? You know, since you live off of media and that dumb boy band."

"I don't live off of the band."

"But you do live off of media?"

I didn't answer him. "If you're going to judge me on how I live like you've done my entire life then you can go. I don't want you here."

"I know you don't want me here."

"How did you find me?"

"It really wasn't that hard. This is where you've wanted to be as a child."

"You remembered?"

"Of course I did. Mom and dad agreed with me that you would never make it this far."

I furrowed my eyebrows and he looked at me.

"Listen, I didn't come here to judge you or cause a fight. I actually came here to apologize."

I laughed, "You're funny."

"No I'm serious. I am so sorry for everything that I did and even now I can't help but say the hurtful shit that I do say. I guess I was just raised like that."

"You could've been better like me. I was raised by the same two people you were raised by and I didn't turn out like a jackass."

He winced, "Trust me, I am going to try to make things better between us. You're my little sister and obviously you enjoy how your life is and you've done good for yourself. I should've believed in you more."