{52} I Don't Want To Play It Cool

Song lyric is from: M.I.A -Why Don't We
~

maddie 🌼
I thought a lot about it and I'm willing to attempt to forgive you

chase 😀
yes! when can you meet up?

maddie 🌼
in a few mins at the coffee place on the first floor of my apartment building

chase 😀
I'll be there

chase 😀
thanks so much for forgiving me

maddie 🌼
I haven't forgiven you yet don't get your hopes up buddy

chase 😀
I'll try

It took me a month to decide but I'm going to at least try and see what Chase has to say.

I took a quick shower, got dressed, and put light make-up on to prepare myself for the crappy day I feel is coming.
I left my shared apartment and walked downstairs to the coffee place to find myself an empty table by a window.

"This place is nice," I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned around to see Chase staring at me.

"Sit down," I ordered and he obeyed by sitting down in the chair in front of me at the table. "First, why do you want me to forgive you?"

"Um... I don't know. You're my sister and I learned that it's never to late to get forgiveness. Mom and dad won't ask for it but I think deep down they wish that their relationship with you is as good as the one they have with me. I know that we've all done a lot of screwed up shit to ruin the life you had in Ohio. I can't speak for them but I'm very sorry for everything that I did to you. If you choose not to forgive me then I will spend the rest of my life regretting not having that sibling bond we're supposed to have and it's my fault. I just want to work things out so we can try and have that type of relationship."

"You're serious? Like this isn't some twisted committed way into hurting me because it's been years since you have done that? I mean besides the fact that I've spent four years convinced nobody in my family loves me because that does hurt."

"Madeleine, I am so so sorry for letting you believe that in the first place. I love you, you're my little sister and I'm so proud of how far you made it. You have so many followers that love you on social media and you moved to Los Angeles like you've always wanted."

I smiled, "I'm just as surprised as you are."

He chuckled, "A part of me knew you could do it but obviously I was way too over my head and under the influence of our parents to see that you could ever be this successful. Way more successful than me I might add."

"But you came to my apartment judging my life."

"I didn't mean to. I grew up judging you and I didn't know how to start a conversation with my sister that hates me."

"I don't hate you. I dislike you but I think I can grow to love you as my brother. That's what you're supposed to be right?"

"Yes," he nodded. "Does this mean you forgive me?"

"We can work towards that. When do you go back to Ohio?"

"Next week. I'm staying in the hotel down in Hollywood. The big fancy one, I couldn't help myself."

That's the hotel when everything started between me and Daniel.

I shook the memory away and smiled at Chase. "You have a week to act like my brother and make up for everything."

"It's a plan."

After talking with Chase I finally made it back up to my apartment an hour later. He has changed a lot since I lost seen him. I left home at sixteen, emancipated I guess except it wasn't legally done. I just left to New York and my parents never even bothered to care. It was just less child to worry about.

"Maddie!" Daniel bursted in through the door. "I saw Chase outside. Did everything go okay?"

"You saw him outside?"

"Yeah I was coming up but you didn't answer my question."

"It went fine. We're going to try and work things out."

"Good! I'm glad you are. You deserve to have at least someone from your family try to patch things up."

"Thank you."

He grabbed my hand to hold it, "And you know... You still have me."

I got closer to him, "I know."

"I'm not ever going to leave you," he whispered.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I opened my eyes again, "Damn you, Daniel."

"What?"

I didn't move. I was still only inches away from his face. "You make me feel like- I can't say it."

"Like what?" He smirked and leaned down closer to my face.

I looked up into his eyes and he leaned down closer until our lips grazed each other.

"We can't."

"Yes we can," he put his lips against mine and I was quick to deepen it. I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him closer and he rested his hands on my waist.

We just stood there kissing like nothing else mattered in the world and this time we didn't even attempt to take our clothes off. We didn't want to. It was slow and felt more right.

We were too into kissing each other that we didn't hear the sound of the door opening.

"What the fuck is happening?" Tate's voice pulled us away from each other, both completely shocked and eyes widened. "I must be on crack or something because I did not just walk in on my best friend making out with her boyfriends brother," she closed her eyes then opened them again. "Well one thing for sure is I'm not definitely dreaming."

"Tate, it's not what it looks like," I spoke up.

She laughed, "Are you kidding? It's exactly what it looks like so whatever excuse you have for this won't work on me. It can't be that your lips bumped into each other shit because that's just pathetic."

"Are you mad?"

She raised her eyebrows, "Actually, no. I was suspicious of this and now it's confirmed."

"Tatum, please don't mention this to Jonah. He'll tell the guys," Daniel begged.

"This is unbelievable. I'm going to need a moment to think about what I should do in this situation so before you both try to convince me of anything I'm going to my room," she walked slowly down the hall to her room.

Remember when I said I was fucked? I'm 100% about to be now.

I'm not a good enough actress to play dumb and act cool about it.