Chapter 73- Cassiopeia's POV

Deciding to practice in the Forbidden Forest wasn't my best idea, but I'm here now, so I better get on with it.

I've never been scared of the dark, even less now that I've been working with dark magic, but something about being out here so close to nightfall is giving me the chills. Maybe it's the way that Freddie looked at me. Like he didn't recognize who I am. Yeah, I've changed since we last actually spoke... but I'm still his sister, I'm still Cassiopeia.

"Focus Cass," I mutter to myself as I make my way through the dark forest. "It's not worth getting all worked up about."

I'm doing something pretty dangerous tonight; or at least trying to do something pretty dangerous. That's why I'm out here in the dark instead of the comfort of my Room of Requirement. I have to do something big after that Theseus kid looked at me the way that he did. Like I wasn't worth his time. I've never felt that angry towards a person I don't even know before, but here I am.

I walk for another ten or so minutes. The trees around me get closer together and bigger. The leaves snuff out any and all light that would be in here from the setting sun. But I don't want to cast Lumos right now, I don't want to bring attention to myself quite yet.

I've done a lot of research, but I'm still nervous. I'm not the only one in these woods, and I'd rather not hurt something like a unicorn. Or myself for that matter. I have to be quick with the counter curse or else it'll all go to hell. Quickly.

I make my way into a small clearing in the middle of the forest. The moon is hanging in the sky above me. I didn't realize how long I was walking. I could have sworn that it was only twenty minutes max.

That throws me off, I start to second guess myself and everything I have planned. "You're fine Cassie, everything is fine." I take my wand out from it's spot in my corset and twirl it around in my fingers.

Like a drummer, waiting for their cue to start playing. If I listen closely I swear I can hear the non-existent crowd, waiting for my show to start. A few birds chirp deep in the forest. Something growls nearby. My heartbeat fills my ears, my entire body is pulsing.

"Okay. I can do this. It's easy. This'll be easy." I say things like that under my breath, trying to calm myself down. I pace back and forth slowly and it seems to help. I can feel my body start to relax, my mind slows, my thoughts are put on pause. The only thing I'm thinking of is this curse and how to use it, and when to use the counter curse.

Before I begin, I set up my phone, resting it at the base of a nearby tree. I turn on the camera and hit record. Then I put a protective bubble around it, so nothing can touch it.

"It's just fire, fire is easy, fire is good, fire won't hurt me," I say to myself. I go into the middle of the clearing, "It's just fire... fire is nothing to be scared of..."

I raise my wand above my head, pointing it into the sky, "Ignis Impes!" I say loudly as I draw slow, large, circles over my head.

The entire clearing erupts into bright yellow and orange flames. They follow the circular motion that I am drawing in the sky with my wand, they creep closer and closer to my feet, licking the grass nearby.

It's hot, so very hot but it's the best feeling in the world. I laugh wildly, the flames no doubt casting terrifying shadows on my face. I feel alive, more alive than I've ever felt before.

And I get stupid, I start moving my wand faster, faster, faster. The flames around me pick up their pace as well, running around in circles like the quidditch teams at practices. They get hotter. The flames near my feet turn from an orange colour to a bright blue.