Chapter 23- Cassiopeia's POV

"So how was it?"

Scorpius sits down next to me in the dining hall and instantly starts to fill his plate with food.

"How was what?" I say, avoiding eye contact.

Albus comes over and sits in front of me, "You're not eating with Darcy? Did it all go to shit? Was it not what you were expecting?"

I roll my eyes, "It's none of your business." I grumble.

Scorpius snorts, "Course it's our business, we're the ones that got it to happen in the first place."

"Yeah, about that. Hows about you stop telling people my business?"

"You went on a date with Darcy?" I can hear Freddie's voice behind me.

Scorpius shuffles over on the bench so that Freddie can sit down. I glare at Albus but he just smiles ear to ear.

"You go on dates all the time, why can't I?" I say to my brother.

Freddie laughs to himself, "Well I am older than you for starters."

"So?"

"And mum and dad don't want you dating till sixth year."

"So?"

"And frankly neither do I!"

Freddie and I glare at each other for a minute. I can see Albus out of the corner of my eye look between us both but he doesn't say anything.

"Remember last time you went on a date, Cass?" Freddie says all matter of factly.

"Last time I went on a date was less than an hour ago and it went pretty well thank you very much," I say back with the same amount of sass.

"I knew it! I knew it went well!" Scorpius says loudly.

Freddie and I both turn our attention to him for a split second before going back to glaring at each other.

"If it went so well why aren't you sitting with him?" Freddie says.

"Why aren't you sitting with Poppy?"

More glaring. Albus laughs, "You two fight like your parents you know that?"

"Shut it!" We both snap.

"And now you sound like my mother," Albus grumbles.

"Poppy's none of your business," Fred says, straightening his posture. He does that when he thinks he wants to shut things down in a conversation. Now normally, I wouldn't push him but I'm in the mood to fight... just a little bit.

"And Darcy's none of yours!" I snap. I can see that Freddie's a bit shocked by the way I said it, we don't normally talk to each other like this.

"Last time I didn't pay attention to what was going on in your life you were stood up and had your heartbroken."

"My heart wasn't broken."

Freddie runs his fingers through his hair which makes it stand up straight. "Boys are dumb, and I've got to make sure that they aren't treating you like they would any other girl."

"I can take care of myself thank you very much."

"No, you can't."

"Yes, I can!"

"Oh, but you can't," Freddie says. He presses his hands into the table and stands up from his spot, "I'll go talk to Darcy. Make sure he's got his head on straight."