Part 2, Chapter 6- Cassiopeia's POV

"Do you think Bailey Chang is straight?" Darcy asks me when I sit down beside him at lunch, "Cause she's really pretty."

"I saw her leave a broom closet with Ophelia last year looking like a right state. But take that with a grain of salt." I snag a sandwich off of the platter floating by, "Does this mean that you're finally over whatever her name was?"

Darcy sighs, "Elvira..."

I pop my lips, "Right, Elvira. The born-again vegan."

"You can't be a born-again vegan dumbass."

"I'm the dumbass? You're the one that lied to the girl saying that you were also a vegan and did that stupid protest outside the potions class for like three days cause the ingredients that Professor Zabini was using were not ethically sourced."

"Anyways..." Darcy says trying to change the subject, "Do you think she'll say yes if I ask her out for the Hogsmeade trip in October?"

"October? That's like two months away."

"So you think I should ask her to hang out around school first?"

"I think it's the first day of classes and you're already working yourself up about a girl."

Darcy laughs, "Speaking of... rumor has it that you and Shawn Fletcher are going out?"

"Who told you that?"

"Well, when you snog him in the middle of your common room..."

I hit Darcy's arm and he laughs, "It's just a bit of fun. We aren't like a thing..."

"Does he know that you're not a thing?"

"No?"

"You're just as bad as your sister you know that?"

"Am not!"

"Are too! Snogging some guy you're not interested in just for a bit of fun? Sounds a lot like what Ophelia does."

I walk Darcy to his class after lunch, the whole time he talks about just how much he wants to ask Bailey Chang to hang out with him sometime. On my way back to my common room I run into Shawn; as soon as he sees me his face flushes red and he gets all awkward.

"What're you up to?" He asks me.

I'm not really in the mood to flirts, especially when Theseus isn't around to see it but I've got to keep up the act. "I was gonna head into the common room, you wanna come with me?"

He nearly chokes when he says yes which annoys me. I mean really, you can't even manage to have a normal conversation with someone? Pathetic.

Nevertheless the two of us head back down into the dungeons and into the Slytherin common room. When we turn the corner I see Theseus and Georgette who are all close and touchy. I can tell that Theseus notices me right away. Instantly the thought of flirting with Shawn is a lot more interesting than it was a few second ago.

"You've got a bit..." I reach up to Shawn's face and brush my thumb against his lip carefully; like I'm wiping something off of his mouth even though there isn't anything there.

Shawn, being oblivious as sin, melts into my touch; like putty in my hands. I make sure that Theseus will be able to see us from his spot in the corridor before I stand on my tippy toes and kiss Shawn. He doesn't even hesitate before he shoves his tongue down my throat essentially and just the feeling of it nearly makes me gag.