Chapter 25- Freddie's POV

So we lost.

Badly.

Slytherin was up the entire game, it ended up being 250 to 50 after their seeker caught the snitch right from under James' nose. Like I mean right from under James' nose. The damn thing was hovering at the end of his broom handle and he got distracted by Dominique and Kate screaming at each other in a mixture of English, French, and German. The perks of having bilingual quidditch captains I suppose.

Honestly, I doubt that either of them knew what the other was screaming about.

Anyways, James didn't see the snitch that was literally right in front of him but Slytherin's seeker Theobald Floyd did and that was it.

Game over.

I'm never going to hear the end of it from Ophelia.

"Uncle Harry would be proud of you for that one eh James?" Louis says as James and Hannah pass us on the way back up to the castle.

"Remind me again how you got the seeker spot on the team Potter?" I say adding onto Louis insult.

"At least I didn't lose to my little sister." He snaps.

Ophelia, who's walking up ahead a bit spins around, "You're right! You lost to your little cousin, and you missed the easiest snitch catch I've ever seen!"

"Why don't you come out onto the pitch for once instead of hiding by the posts and I might actually consider you competition!" James says to her.

"Hope you're bringing your broom home for the holidays James because I'm gonna kick your ass all the way to America in the Weasley Christmas match." Ophelia laughs a few times before turning back around to continue her conversation with Scorpius and her friend.

"Fred!" Poppy shrieks from behind us.

Louis laughs and walks over to James and Hannah, leaving me alone to deal with my girlfriend. Yeah I know I should be happy to spend time with her, and how I shouldn't be all like 'I have to deal with her' but like... have you met her?

I turn around just as Poppy throws her arms around my neck. She kisses me hard and pulls away just as fast. "I was really hoping we could celebrate a big win tonight." She says quietly so only I can hear her.

That's another thing. Poppy has recently been pressuring me to... ya know recently, hinting at it every chance that she gets. I just don't think that I'm ready for that, well at least not with her.

I peck her forehead, "Sorry love, maybe if you win the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff match?" I say trying to end the conversation.

Poppy intertwines her fingers with mine and we start walking back up towards the castle. "Suppose that'll have to do. My match is in two weeks, you're going to be in the stands cheering for me right?"

"Uh, yeah course I will be."

Amar appears at my side and claps my back, "That was awful Weasley. I mean honestly, one of the worst matches I've seen." He jokes.

"Oh fuck right off." I say laughing, "Has Molly started your training regime yet?" Molly is the Ravenclaw quidditch captain. She's just as much of a hardass as Dom but she's a little more subtle about it.

Before Amar could say anything, Poppy clears her throat, "Sorry but we're trying to have a conversation here?"

Amar looks at her with his eyebrows raised, "And I'm trying to talk to my best friend?" He says in the same annoyed tone that she was just using.