Chapter 26- Cassiopeia's POV

"Has anyone seen Freddie today?" I say walking into the train compartment that Rose, Ophelia, Albus, Scorpius, and Darcy are sitting in.

Ophelia and Rose don't bother looking up from whatever they're watching on Rose's phone. Albus shakes his head, "Nah, I saw James and Lily though, they were in the carriage behind mine."

"Right well, I'm going to go look for him on the platform. Save me a spot in here yeah?" Before I can close the door of the compartment, Darcy stands up.

"I'll come with you." He says matter of factly. I can tell by his tone that he's not going to give me a chance to say no.

I slide open the door a little more and Darcy comes out. When the door closes behind him he looks at me awkwardly for a second. "Can I uh – hold your hand?" He says awkwardly

I wipe my hand on my thigh before I hold onto Darcy's hand. We don't interlock our fingers or anything, but it still makes me smile a little. We shuffle through the corridor of the train, it's not really wide enough for two people to walk side by side so it's a little weird but I don't think that either of us wants to let go of the other person.

When we get out back onto the platform it's easier to stand together. There are a few students straggling around, waiting for their friends or something. It's only 10:50 in the morning so there's still ten minutes to get on the train before it leaves, but Freddie has never been this late before.

"So... mum said that we're going to the Burrow for Christmas again this year," Darcy says after a beat of silence.

I dunno why he's pointing it out, he and Auntie Em come by every Christmas. "That's nice. Nan likes cooking for a lot of people."

It gets a little awkward again, "Have you told your mum and dad that we uhh..." he says.

I turn to look at him, "That we carved a pumpkin together?"

"That we carved a pumpkin together as a date thing."

"No I haven't told them... you're saying I, should?"

Darcy shifts his weight from one foot to the other, "Oh no, not... well I told my mum."

"Oh..."

"And I bet that she told Auntie Vi."

Before I can respond, a carriage pulls into view with Freddie and Louis in it. Lou's hair is back to that pale white instead of the green that he likes it to be. Even from here, I can tell that they are both gross and tired.

They hop off the carriage and pull their trunks along with them, "I feel like a fucking fire crab laid eggs in my brain." I can hear Freddie groan.

"You two look awful," I say once they are within speaking distance.

"Why aren't you two on the train? Sneaking off for a quick snog session before we get back home?" Freddie says.

Instantly Darcy lets go of my hand and shoves his hands in his jean pockets. It's no secret that Darcy is scared of Dad, but I didn't think that he was scared of Freddie too.

"Why aren't you snogging your girlfriend before you have to say goodbye?" I say taking the attention off of Darcy and me.

Lou and Freddie push past us and drag their trunks onto the train. I follow close behind them, Darcy behind me.

"Thought you didn't like Poppy," Freddie says. He walks down the hall a bit till he finds the compartment that his friend Amar is sitting in.