Chapter 36- Ophelia's POV

"Hey, long time no see," I say jogging up to Chandler. He's sitting on a bench in front of an empty shop nearby. Mum and Dad have been talking about buying it and turning it into a pick-up spot for owl orders and things but nothing has happened yet.

"You look like hell. The hell have you been doing?" Chandler says to me as he stands up. He shoves his hands in his coat pocket, "It's fucking freezing out."

"Oh don't be a baby Chan." I laugh at him.

Chandler pretends to be offended, "Christ, I thought Christmas holidays were supposed to mellow you out not make you even more of a bitch. Seriously what happened?"

"Seriously, I don't want to talk about it."

We look at each other for a second before Chandler nods, "You know where we're going then?"

"Yeah? That dark, run-down alley over there? You do know what Knockturn Alley is right?" I pull the hood of my coat up over my head and start walking towards it. Chandler has to jog for a second to catch up with me.

"No dumbass, like do you know what shop we've got to go into?"

I stop just at the entrance of Knockturn Alley. I haven't thought that far through my plan yet. I don't even know what the hell is down here let alone what store will have the shit that we need.

"Freddie Bear! What happened to your face!" Poppy's shrill voice echoes through the pretty quiet streets.

I glance over my shoulder and see my brother standing outside of the shop with his girlfriend... ex-girlfriend? Hell if I know at this point.

"Not a single clue but we don't have enough time to figure it out. If Freddie sees us he's gonna tell someone or want to come with us." I say, taking Chandler's hand and dragging him into the dark and narrow path.

"You do realize that your kitchen looks out into the street right? If literally anyone in your family looked out the window we'd be fucking goners." Chandler half whispers to me.

Some old, wrinkly, witch with really long nails reaches out and tries to touch my hair, "I'll give you ten galleons for this beautiful hair darling. One snip of my scissors and it'll be done."

I pull away from her, "No sorry, not for sale." I say awkwardly.

She cusses me out as Chandler and I continue down the path. "Who in their right mind would pay for your hair of all things? Have you ever brushed that mop?" Chandler says behind me.

"I'll break your kneecaps, Miller." I stop in my tracks which makes Chandler walk right into me. "Noggin and Bonce... your one-stop shop for all things shrunken head related." I say reading one of the shops signs.

"That's disgusting. Let's go in." Chandler takes a step towards it but I pull him back.

"Are you mad? We can't just randomly go into a store full of shrunken heads. Honestly Chandler."

"You're not scared are you?" He says with one of his eyebrows raised.

"What? Course I'm not bloody scared! I've only got a few galleons on me from my allowance and I know that if I go in there I'll want to buy one of them." I say. "Let's go, I think I see a sign for an Apothecary up ahead."

"You think or you know? You aren't going blind on me are you?"

"Eat shit and die," I say to him with a smile. I start walking again, avoiding eye contact with any and all other witches and wizards in the path. I dunno what it is but the closer we get to the Apothecary, the worse the air starts to smell.