Chapter 49- Freddie's POV

A few nights of detention for kissing a hot girl? Totally worth it. The thing is that we haven't really talked since we got detention together. And my first night of detention falls on my birthday, February 8th. Fucking fantastic.

"Happy birthday shit stain," Louis says to me once I've woken up.

I flip him off and roll myself out of bed. I'm sixteen today. Sure as fuck doesn't feel like I'm sixteen. When James turned sixteen last month he had three girls in the dorm and told us not to come in till midnight. I turn sixteen and I have detention with Filch and his fucking cat.

Louis waits for me to get dressed and we head out of the common room together.

"Happy birthday," Lily says as we pass her in the common room.

I smile and ruffle her hair, "Thanks, dude."

As we make our way out of the common room and down towards the great hall people who I don't even really know wish me a happy birthday. Which sort of confused me at first but it felt really good, having people notice me and shit.

Evie is standing with a few of her friends by the entrance to the Great Hall. Louis excuses himself and walks in to sit down by Amar, who by the way, totally had a threesome the night of the Gryffindor party. A wild way to lose your virginity.

"Happy birthday Weasley," Evie says to me as I approach her.

Something about her wishing me a happy birthday makes me all warm inside, "You know when my birthday is? Little creepy if you ask me." I say, leaning on the wall that's in front of her.

Evie rolls her eyes, "You've got a big sign above your head that says 'SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME OR I'LL CRY' and I'm too emotionally stunted to be around a crying person."

I look above my head but there isn't anything there. "I don't see anything."

Evie and all her friends laugh, "Doesn't your dad sell birthday banners that follow the one celebrating around?" I look at her with wide eyes and she laughs again, "Christ Weasley I know your parent's inventory better than you." She pauses, "See you in Filch's office tonight yeah?" And with that, she and her friends head off to breakfast.

If I wasn't attracted to her before I sure as shit am now. I go and sit down with Louis and Amar who are arguing loudly about whether or not we are real or if we are just figments of someone's imagination.

"Oi jackass. Using my own joke shop against me are you?" I say, pouring myself a bowl of cereal.

"It's not your joke shop. You don't have the brains for something like that." Louis says, "It'll fade as the day goes on, it's like you don't even know how it works!"

"You try memorizing hundreds of products, you're bound to miss a few," I say pouring milk over my cereal.

Amar, who clearly wasn't listening to a single thing that I said shouts, "But it makes sense! Like how many times have you just randomly forgot what you were going to say or do? It's because that the person controlling you just erased that whole section and you had to restart!"

Louis rolls his eyes and looks at me, "Who the fuck told us it was a good idea to befriend a Ravenclaw."

I snort into my cereal and listen to Amar continue to say crazy shit like if we pronounce words wrong or shit it's just because that whoever is controlling us spelt it wrong. Owls fly in through the open windows about ten minutes before breakfast is over. Six different owls fly over to where I am and drop different sized packages and letters.