Chapter 87- Ophelia's POV

I love working in the shop, don't get me wrong. But with the summer so close Mum and Dad are right stressed. And I know that neither of them will raise their voices at any of us or each other. I've never heard them fight before a day in my life. But I still feel like I've got to walk on eggshells around them, especially recently.

Like today. Dad has the shop closed so we can do a full inventory. Not just what is on the shelves, but everything in the back too. And we have to reprice things, figure out what can be put on sale and for how much, different sale bundles, catch up on OWL orders, and Mum is doing interviews. We're going to be hiring four more people to help in the shops. Two for the Hogsmeade location and two for here cause Theo and I are going to be at Hogwarts after the summer.

"I've got sixteen candidates coming in for the jobs today," Mum says to Dad. She's coming down the stairs from the third floor and Dad is on the first floor with me, Theo, and Annie, giving us checklists.

"Alright, how long do you think it's going to take you?" Dad says to her.

Mum comes down the final set of stairs. She's wearing a pencil skirt, a dark green, flowy, blouse, and black heels. Her hair is done in a big, perfect, bun and she's actually got makeup on for a change. "Half an hour for each? So... eight hours?"

"Where are you gonna do them all cause I need the office later."

"Whatever it is that you need the office for is going to have to wait till tonight darling. My first one should be here at eight, so I'll be done around four."

Dad looks exhausted just thinking about what Mum just said, "Yeah, I'll make it work. Thank you, my love."

Mum comes over to Dad and whispers something in his ear. I watch as Dad smiles and laughs a little, the stress instantly fading from his face, at least temporarily.

"Tell me you love me?" Dad says to Mum.

Mum smiles and kisses the tip of Dad's nose, leaving a lipstick stain, "I'm in love with you Weasley."

"Mmm, I'm in love with you too LeStrange."

Annie pretends to vomit and Mum and Dad laugh, "Okay. One kid per floor. Annie you're on the third, Theo, you'll take the second, I'll take the first, and Leah you're down here on the ground floor. Makes sense?"

"No, because you gave yourself the easiest floor." Theo points out.

"I gave myself the floor with the sweets bar so that none of you get the bright idea to eat some nosebleed nougat to get yourself out of this." Dad ruffles the top of Theo's head and the three of them head up the stairs.

Mum smiles at me, "There's going to be people coming in and out. Here's a list of the people I'm expecting to speak to today so if you see someone at the front door just ask for their name. If it's on the list use your radio to let me know they're here."

"Why can't you just put all the names in a hat and pick four out?" I say to her.

Mum smiles, "Cause I've got to actually have a conversation with them to know if they're going to fit in around here. Radio me when the first one shows up."

Mum walks to the back of the store and into the office, her heels clicking against the floor.

I look down at the checklist in my hands. It's got every single product we have on the first floor written down on it. All I have to do is count every single fucking product accurately and write the number down in the column along with how much the product says on the shelf.