Part 2, Chapter 85- Theo's POV

***A/N** Hey everyone! Sorry this is coming out so late, I no longer have a sense of time because where I am is still in lockdown and vaccine distribution sucks so there's no real point in learning what time it is lmao. This chapter is quite a bit shorter than the ones I've been posting recently but I promise that the next one is going to make up for it! Lots of love and I'll see you Tuesday! xx

-----------------

Now that quidditch is over the only thing on anyone's mind is final examinations. That or the graduation ball.

Mum sent Ophelia and Cassiopeia's outfits and things in the post this morning cause they're really smart and forgot them at home. I got a big box of different types of cookies that Mum made to keep me motivated for my studies.

"Are these those lemon drops that Auntie Vi makes?" Gilbert asks peering over my shoulder at breakfast.

I laugh, "You're in the middle of breakfast, don't you think it's a bit early for cookies?"

Gilbert kisses my cheek as he grabs one of the lemon drops, hoping that it would distract me, "No such thing as too early for cookies darling."

I glance at my watch, "Do you think we have time to drop these off in my dorm before class?"

"Oi!" Lucy says, "Not before I get a slice of banana bread! Aunt Vi makes it best."

"And can I get a chocolate chip cookie?" Osar asks peering over Lucy so he can look in the box.

I dish out the treats appropriately before Gilbert and I head out towards the Hufflepuff common room.

"Dads know about us by the way," He says once we are alone, "They don't really care o'course. Suppose Papa nearly cried cause he was so excited but Dad said that he saw it coming."

I bring his hand up to my mouth and kiss his knuckles, "Mum and Dad didn't even bat an eye. Sure Dad joked but what else is new."

We walk into my dorm room together and I hide the box of sweets and snacks that Mum sent me under my pillow so my dormmates won't find it. I turn around to look at Gilbert and he kisses my lips softly, "What was that for?" I ask him.

He shrugs and kisses me again, "Cause I can."

I laugh and take his hand, leading him back up into the common room.

Just as we walk out of my dormitory and up into the common room, Josie walks out of the girl's dormitories.

"Theo... Gilbert..." she says awkwardly, "Good morning."

I'm painfully aware of what it looks like. Me and Gilbert walking out of my dorm early in the morning when we should be at breakfast... especially when right before Josie and I ended things she was sort of hinting that she was ready for... stuff like that.

"Morning Josie," I say awkwardly. I want to tell her that it's not what she thinks but I can't do that without feeling weird.

She looks between me and Gilbert, "So you two are together? Like officially now? You're not sneaking around in the library?"

"Well, we do still sneak around in the library. But yeah, we're together," Gilbert says giving my hand a squeeze.

Josie crosses her arms over her chest, "Suppose I should be grateful that you waited as long as you did..." she takes a breath, "I'm glad you're happy Theo... truly." She smiles at the two of us before going out of the common room.

Once she's gone Gilbert lets out a nervous laugh, "That was..."

"Uncomfortable?" I finish his sentence.