Chapter 16- Freddie's POV

Monday mornings are my least favourite, not just because I'm a teenage boy and I hate school and blah blah blah. But because that's when I have history class. And history class during fifth year focuses on the first and second wizard wars.

Lou, James, and I all have panic attacks during that class. It's like clockwork. Lou is always the first to go. They talk about Fenir Greyback and he loses his mind. Then it's James to go, but that one's sort of obvious. Uncle Harry died and came back and killed Voldemort so like, a pretty touchy subject.

I'm always the last to get worked up and heated. When they talk about the Death Eaters, talk about how heavily involved the Malfoy's and LeStrange's were.

That's what I'm thinking about now. Sitting in the back of our history classroom waiting for Binns to start the lesson.

Louis is sitting at a desk beside me tapping his foot on the ground a hundred times a minute. James is sitting in front of us a bit making out with Hannah like usual. And all I can think of is Binns fucking talking about how awful my family was... how good my family was. I look up at the ceiling and try to get myself to calm down. Lesson hasn't even started yet and I can already feel myself slipping away from it all.

"Parchment out, quills out, we've got a lot to cover this class." Binns shouts as he floats down from the ceiling. "Where did we leave off? Anyone? Anyone at all?"

"The Triwizard tournament sir. The rise of Voldemort." Isabella Kemp from Ravenclaw says.

Binns claps his ghost hands together which doesn't make any noise, "Right yes. Now for centuries the Triwizard tournament didn't happen. The death toll was simply too high, the loss of young, talented wizards and witches was something that the ministry couldn't let continue. Only the late minister could tell you why in the world they decided to bring it back when they did."

Mum and dad have told me all about the Triwizard tournament. It brought Aunt Fleur into every ones lives but it also took one of Mum and Dads friends.

"The Triwizard tournament consisted of three schools, each school had one participant. All but Hogwarts, which had two. Viktor Krum from Durmstrang, Fleur Delacour for Beauxbaton, and Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter for Hogwarts."

Both James and Louis sink into their seats at the mention of their parents. The class shifts around a bit, people start looking at us. My heartbeat starts to go faster, my breath is stuck in my throat.

"Every one knew the dangers of the tournament, the thought of someone dying was present in every mind in the stands as they watched the champions battle dragons brought in by Charlie Weasley... write that down it will be on the exam, sinking to the bottom of the lake to save their loved ones, Gabrielle Delacour, Cho Chang, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley... I don't see any of you writing this down." Binns says the last part with a twinge of annoyance in his voice.

The thing is, nearly everyone in this room have heard these stories from their parents. No one needs to write anything down. Uncle Harry was supposed to only rescue Uncle Ron but he had to help Aunt Fleur's sister Gabrielle too because Uncle Harry is extra like that. Uncle Ron was mad at Aunt Hermione that whole year because she was sweet on Viktor instead of him. My parchment remains blank.

"During the last task, the champions were told to find the Triwizard cup that was hidden in a very large maze. However, it is later revealed that the cup was turned into a portkey by Barty Crouch Junior who was using Polyjuice potion all year to disguise himself as retired Auror and now deceased Alastor Moody."

Louis starts to pack his things, I watch him out of the corner of his eye as he gets up and walks towards the door.

"Mister Weasley, I understand that you are not a fan of my lessons but for once I would like it if you were to stay for the whole thing." Binns calls out.