Chapter 57- Ophelia's POV

"Hey, this came for you in the post today," Victoire says to me as she comes into my room. She's been here for a few days now, still hasn't spoken to Aunt Fleur I don't think, "You want me to read it to you or can you do it yourself?"

I groan as I sit up, my head has been getting better. I can go around the house without my sunglasses on which is good, and my constant headache has numbed a bit so it's more like an ache instead of a stabbing feeling. "I can read it. Besides, you have a letter of your own to write."

Victoire scoffs, "You're my least favourite cousin you know that?" she tosses the letter at me, "Auntie says that breakfast will be done soon. And Uncle George said that if I wasn't going to write mamon that letter then I can help in the shop. I don't know which one is worse."

"Write your damn letter, Vic," I say with a smile on my face.

Victoire smiles and heads out of my room, wrapping herself tightly in a blanket she snatched from my desk chair.

I look at the letter in my hand and tear it open.

Hey, Leah it's Cass.

I don't know why I'm writing you and not mum but I don't think that I want mum to know this stuff? I dunno, I might not even send this, I sound like a crazy person. Anyways... I petrified Dominique and hexed James. They deserved it though, they were fighting and being total idiots on the third. It was upsetting Scorpius and I had to do it. You understand right?

Cause no one here does. Dom says she gets why I did it but then said that I have to be careful cause apparently hexing your family leads to the dark arts or whatever. Freddie called me Bellatrix... that I sounded like her or whatever when I said that it felt good to be feared by someone.

Our dormmates are scared of me too, sorry about that. I managed to break the mirror in our dorm without a wand and without even touching it let alone looking at it. But I know it was me who did it. I just can't figure out how I did it.

Victoire is pregnant apparently, did you know? You probably do, you always seem to know everything that is going on. I hope she's alright.

Oh, and Darcy kissed me...

Yeah, anyways... miss you loads, see you at Easter.

Cassiopeia xx

Who knew that one letter could hold so much shit eh? Fuck, and I thought staying at home was bad. I mean how do you even respond to that? I don't think that I can honestly. Why'd she write to me of all people, she doesn't tell me anything when we're at Hogwarts together but now that I'm not there anymore she wants to be friends?

I put the letter under my pillow, I'll deal with that later. I swing my legs off my bed and put on my slippers, Dad refuses to turn the heat up in the house because 'it's March! March is warm!'

"Leah! Annie! Breakfast!" Mum calls from the kitchen.

I walk out into the hallway at the same time that Annie does. We look at each other for a second before sprinting into the kitchen in a very unfair race. I win of course.

Both Theo and Dad are already in their shop uniform. Dad goes right over to Mum, grabbing her face in both of his hands and kisses her.

"Ugh gross," I say which makes Mum and Dad laugh.

"If love isn't like Aunt Vi and Uncle George then I don't want it," Victoire says sitting down at the table.

Dad laughs and grabs the plate of pancakes and puts it on the table before sitting down. Mum puts a plate full of bacon down and some syrup. Instantly Theo fills his plate and douses everything in syrup.