Chapter 51-Ophelia's POV

Today's the first day that I'm back in the shop. Nothing that involves too much work or anything, but Wednesday mornings are usually super slow so Mum and Dad have agreed to let me work on the till for a few hours just so it feels like I'm doing something rather than lying in my room for hours, or lying on the couch for hours, or sitting at the dining table watching people walk through the alley for hours. Basically, I'm losing my mind not being able to do anything and I'm tired of it.

"If you feel like you're going to be sick just let me know and I'll have Theo take over for you okay?" Dad says as he helps me down the stairs and into the shop. "Mum and I are going to be doing inventory for most of the morning, Theo is going to be around helping customers if they need it."

Helping people find what they are looking for is my favourite thing to do in the shop but that involves way too much moving around so I'm stuck sitting on a stool at cash. Wearing the shop uniform feels good though. Purple trousers, with a matching purple blazer and a white blouse with polka dots. That's what we all have to wear. Course you can wear whatever blouse you want underneath your blazer but you've got to wear the purple suit. I got my first one before I could even stand.

Mum comes down the stairs, she's wearing a plain white blouse under her blazer, "Annie's just getting changed and she'll be down soon. What time is it?"

Dad sits me down on the stool behind the counter and goes over to Mum. He takes her hand and spins her around before kissing her, "Ten to nine." He says with a big smile on his face.

Mum pecks him and comes over to me, "You sure you'll be alright today darling? Because we can get Verity over here and she can cover my shift for me and we can go upstairs and watch a movie or something."

I run my fingers along the cash register, "I'll be fine Mum, honestly you've got to stop worrying about me." I say to her.

Mum kisses the top of my head, "That's not going to happen any time soon bub."

Once Theo and Annie are downstairs wearing the same suits as the rest of us Dad groups us all together and tells us the plan for the day, "Theodore and Annabeth are going to be helping customers if they need it, upselling products, joking around, you guys no the deal right?" He says to the two of them. They both nod, "Annie I want you on the second floor, Theo, you'll be down here. LeStrange I want you on the first floor with me doing inventory. And Ophelia behind the register unless you need a break. If you need anything just use the walkie-talkies. I'm on channel one, your mum's on two, Leah has got four, Theo is six, and Annie is seven."

He says the channel numbers as if we haven't had the same ones since we were born, they go in birth order so it's really not that hard to understand. Everyone goes off to their designated spots, Theo goes over to the front door and unlocks it then he comes over to me, "You think that Dad'll let us start wearing sunglasses as apart of the uniform cause you have to wear them all the time now?" he says to me as he hops up onto the counter.

"Why would you ever want to wear sunglasses inside?" I say to him.

Theo turns around to look at me, he's sitting cross-legged on the counter now, "Cause of that song, the one that Mum listens to a bunch, 'I wear my sunglasses inside so I can so I can" Theo starts to sing Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart.

I swat his leg and he scoots away from me, "It's sunglasses at night you blithering idiot." I say to him.

"Don't call your brother a blithering idiot!" Mum calls from above us.

"Can we turn on some music? It's so quiet in here?" Theo shouts through the store.

"I can't hear you, use your walkie!" Dad says back.