Part 2, Chapter 72- Annabeth's POV

**A/N** Hi guys! Sorry this wasn't up yesterday, I got distracted by something for an upcoming chapter. No spoilers or anything but it's going to be really fkn cute! Okay, that's it, I might be uploading again today but I'm not 100% sure yet. Lots of love and happy reading xx

-----------------

"Then they set the bloody house on fire!"

Jordan stabs her sausage and points it at Lysander, "And like big flames too, not just like a bonfire! I was scared I was going to die!"

"You were nowhere near dying," I say to her, "You weren't even in the living room when Hugo screamed.

Jordan glares at me as if she's trying to communicate telepathically.

Lorcan sighs, "I wish our Easter was as eventful as that."

"Are you mad? We went to see Granny and Grandpa and while Dad was busy crying and Mum was braiding Granny's hair we went off and did some exploring. I saw a man who only had half a face!" Lysander says, "Like imagine..." He picks up a slice of ham that nearly makes Lorcan gag and puts it on half his face, "imagine this, lying in a hospital bed."

"You're disgusting," I laugh as he peels the ham off his face and puts it on his plate.

"Disgusting or a really good storyteller?" Lysander winks and takes a bite of his roll.

I look at Lorcan who has grown really quiet, "You good over there?"

He looks up at me and smiles, "Yeah, great."

I'm not good with social cues, never have been, but I know my best friend, and I know that he is very much not okay right now.

"I might call it a night early I think," I say to my friends.

Jordan looks at my plate, "You've only had like four bites. On the train, you were saying how starving you were."

"Yeah but I'm more tired than anything. I'll see you guys in potions tomorrow morning." I get up from the table and put my hand on Jordan's head as a way of giving affection.

"I think I might come with you," Lorcan says, "Make sure you can get into the common room and everything. See you in potions." He says to Jordan and Lysander.

We pass Ophelia and Ash on our way out of the Great Hall. Ophelia gives me a look like she's worried and wants to make sure I'm alright so I nod as a way to assure her that I'm fine.

"Thanks for that," Lorcan says, "I'm not really in the mood to listen to Ly talk about how great it was to spend our holiday in Saint Mungo's," He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a sweets wrapper, "You get jumpers from your Nan, I get old sweets wrappers."

I look at him but I don't say anything as we climb the stairs, working our way to the Ravenclaw tower. I don't really know what to say if I should say anything at all. I don't know how it feels to have a Nan who doesn't really get who you are or why you're in the same room as them.

Lorcan sighs and puts the wrapper back in his pocket, "Lysander says it's dumb for me to keep it with me. He teases me for being so worked up over some people who don't know who I am and who I've never properly met. Mum and Dad don't say it but I know they're worried about how mean he can be sometimes cause neither of them are like that."

"Lysander is a good human," I say, "I make just as many insensitive jokes and talk back to just as many teachers and you don't say that you're worried about how I'm going to turn out do you?"