Part 2, Chapter 28- Ophelia's POV

Tell me how it's the middle of December and I still haven't found this god damn rock. I fucking swear I have looked at every single pebble in this bloody forest and none of them are it.

I have two weeks. Two fucking weeks before we all go home for Christmas and if Uncle Fred isn't coming home with us then I don't have a present for Mum and Dad. That and like everything I've been working on for the past like three years is just useless.

"We'll find it, Leah. Don't stress." Chandler says to me as we search the same fucking clearing that we've been searching since my birthday.

"Stressed? Me? I'm not stressed." I laugh and run my fingers through my hair, "I'm the poster child for calm." I twirl my wand between my fingers a few times before tying it up in my hair.

Chandler looks at me for a second, "You know..." He starts to sift through the dirt that he was looking for, "If you don't find it, that doesn't mean that you can't ask Ash out like you've planned."

"You really think I'm thinking about Ash of all people right now? Chandler it is two in the morning, I am gross, sweaty, and need a shower, and I only have two weeks before we leave for Christmas holidays. If I don't have my uncle sitting on the train with me for that nine-hour ride..."

"Okay, Merlin's tit. I was just saying that if that is what you're stressed about...."

"It's not. So can we just forget it all? This is why I didn't want Annabeth talking to her in the first place cause now Ash is giving me looks in class and sitting with us at meals. She's getting her hopes up for something that can very well not happen. I haven't even snogged her yet and I'm scared that I'll end up breaking her heart." I take a deep breath and sit on a nearby rock. I put my head in my hands and just sit there, trying to calm myself down.

"But you're not thinking about Ash..." Chandler says.

"But I'm not thinking of Ash," I repeat. I take a breath and Chandler goes back to his dirt pile, "But if I was... thinking of Ash, maybe just a little bit. Would that make me a bad person? Cause I should be thinking of my uncle and family and Ash is just some girl."

Chandler wipes his hands on his pants and gets up to come over and sit with me, "Ash is not just some girl. Do you not remember the smile on your face at the Halloween party?"

I look away from Chandler and bite the nail of my thumb to try and get me to stop smiling at the memory.

"Loving someone other than your family doesn't make you a bad person Leah. Sometimes you have to put yourself first and that's alright." Chandler continues.

I scoff and sputter trying to get my thoughts in order, "Okay who said anything about love. I don't love her. That's not a thing that is happening."

"I think I'm starting to love Larke," Chandler says.

I turn back to look at him, "Shit eh? She's got you wrapped around her finger."

"Shut the fuck up cause I know that you're going to make some sick joke about how good her fingers are or something."

I laugh and nudge my shoulder into Chandlers, "I'm proud of you dumbass. You had me thinking that you were going to be single for the rest of your life. I had the whole thing planned out. You'd have to live in my basement like a sad teenage boy, eating nothing but microwave meals and energy drinks." I get up from the rock that we are sitting on, "And Larkie does have killer fingers man, if you had a vagina..."

"I swear to god if you finish that sentence I will leave. I will leave and never talk to you ever again."

I laugh, "I'm like chewed up gum on your favourite pair of shoes Channy, I'm not going anywhere."