Alternate Ending #1

It was the first night after coming back from Mexico that Penny made her choice. It took less time than she had originally imagined. She didn't think it'd be so simple to make that kind of decision. But it was actually that easy. All she had to do now was tell him.

They were both in their respective bedrooms; not expecting the outcome to be so soon.

Knock knock knock

She nervously stood out in the hallway, rehearsing what she was about to say. To explain her choice.

"Penny!" Zhou Mi warmly greeted her on the other side. "Why aren't you unpacking?"

"Is he here?"

"Oh! We've made our choice have we?" he whispered, or at least attempted to. "I'll take the rest of the guys out with me and keep them out."

She slowly made her way to his room, trying to put herself together. It was strange. She had never really been nervous around him. Not even a little.

Tonight was different though. Her palms were sweaty, her heart was beating inside her chest harder than ever, and her stomach, obviously, in knots so tight she might as well have been a girls scout.
She leaned in to check if anyone else was in there with him, before opening the door.

Kyuhyun was sitting on the bed his back to her. He hadn't heard her go in, he was listening to a demo of one of the songs he had written.
Penny stood behind him, not knowing how to approach him. What was a person supposed to do in a situation like that?

"I love you," she said against his neck. She hugged him so hard Kyuhyun could have sworn he heard a rib or two crack.
He reached up for her hand and pulled them close to his chest.

"I love your stupid handsome face so fucking much. I love your asshole ways, when you piss me off, everything about you. I'm in love with your entire existence. You're the only person I love more than food and sleep. I was such an idiot not to realize sooner. I should have chased after you romantically that night.
I've loved you all along...that night in the elevator - I didn't want to admit it to myself because I was afraid of hurting Donghae, when I should have known I was hurting you. I was scared because I still didn't feel like I was good enough for you. When we broke up was when I realized how much of a moron I had been. How unfair I was with you. I hadn't really been true to you about my feelings, and I'm so incredibly sorry...but if you let me, if you still want me, I'll prove how much I love you. I'll spend the rest of my life doing it if need be,"she confessed sloppily.

There was a pregnant silence. The music Kyuhyun had been listening to continued to play. His breathing had slowed down, eyes fixed on the scenery outside the window.
Penny started to get worried; he hadn't responded, but held on to her hands tightly.

"Did you say something?" he feigned ignorance, smiling broadly.

"You....you..didn't hear anything?" she believed him, which was hard to do cause he was a bad actor, but one could suppose that being in that situation anyone would believe whatever came out of his mouth.

" I'm sorry, this song I composed is so beautiful that I was awestruck," he played with her emotions.

Too bad he forgot Penny knew him and his body language all too well, that she had caught on.

"The one Siwon wrote was better. You could really feel his emotions, you know? It was so beautiful...he could easily be more successful than you if he went solo," she said.

"Why don't you come here and say it to my face!?" he finally turned to see her.

She glared, "you wanna go, old man?!!"

He pulled on her wrist with slight force, forcing her on to his lap. She pressed her forehead to his, both staring at each other, as if they hadn't seen each other in years.

"Te amo," he whispered. ''So mucho."

Penny chuckled, "I love you too."

"You have no idea how surreal this feels....it's almost too good to be true."

"No, I know the feeling...."

He leaned his face into hers, lips reuniting for the first time in months. The kiss wasn't something out of a K-drama, it was hungry. It was urgent, strong, passionate.

"Let's not break up again," Penny said under her breath.

"Ever," Kyuhyun agreed, pushing his lips to hers again.

____________________________

This isn't all, I promise. There's a lot more to this ending, but I just felt super guilty about not updating for over a year. So here's a very small update to let you know I'm still here, still writing, and Penny didn't die yet.

Also, excuse any mistakes, as I'm doing this from my phone.

Also, force me to update, you guys. Threaten me or something.