Chapter 28

DONGHAE'S POV

Penelope had been acting weird all night. Nervous like I'd never witnessed. Probably because I wore a new cologne. The advertisement definitely warned about women swooning over me left and right. 

"Are you seriously going to eat all of that?" I asked her. She sat on the floor, her laptop on her legs, and a mountain of junk food next to her. 

"Of course I am! I'm nowhere near tired, food's my best friend."  

No wonder Kyuhyun called her Miss Piggy. She ate like a tapeworm. I took a seat next to her, still she avoided my eyes. 

"Why are you so nervous?" 

"I...I'm not!" She stuttered. 

"Penny..."

"I don't know! It's not like we've never kissed or anything, I can't explain it," she sighed, "I feel like something changed, but I don't know. Never mind."  She looked disappointed with herself, not being able to explain something so simple.

What was meant to make me understand only confused me further. 

"Why are you reserving a hotel room?" I looked at the screen, as she furiously clicked away. 

"My cousin's coming over to visit, pretty soon, like the day after tomorrow kind of soon. I need to find her somewhere to stay, because she obviously won't be staying here." 

"Oooooh. Is she nice?" I was curious, hardly any of the members ever heard her talk about her family. 

"She's how do I say....loud. She's a few years younger than I." 

"How much younger?" 

"She's seventeen. Why does it matter? She's way too young for you, you pervert," she glared at me, then chuckled, going back to the screen. 

I rolled my eyes, "What's she like?" 

"She's seventeen, what do you think?" 

"Loud, definitely loud," I agreed. 

Penny laughed, seemingly more at ease now. "There, it's done. She has somewhere to stay, I'll pick her up at the airport on Wednesday, good good." 

"Is that what you're so excited about?" 

She bobbed her head, "Yes, I'm telling the rest of the guys tomorrow morning." She shut off the laptop, putting it over her head, and on the bed. 

"You tired yet?" 

"Nope, you?" 

I shrugged, "Not really." 

She sat there, quietly, biting her lip. 

"Sooo," I nudged closer to her, she stayed in place, not budging an inch. She finally turned her head towards me, sheepishly smiling. She inched closer to me, sticking her nose on my lower neck. 

She inhaled, "Mmmmm, new cologne?" 

"Uh, yeah," I blinked. I was incapable of moving, half her frame was over me. She realized it quickly, sitting back in place. 

"Sorry," she looked away again. 

I grabbed her hand, "Don't worry about it. I don't know what's going on with you, but whatever it is, you shouldn't be like this. It's only me." 

"I know it's only you, that's why," she spun her body towards mine. She placed her hand on either side of my face, slowly moving into it with hers. Her mouth was millimeters away from my own, then she stopped. "I can't, I'm too nervo-"