Chapter 61

PENELOPE'S POV

"I don't think it's a big deal," I rolled my eyes. "It's just a job." 

"Just a job?! She's going to be working with a guy she hardly knows!" Kyuhyun threw his hands in the air. 

"Is there something wrong with that?" I crossed my arms. "Need I remind you that you have a tutor who's job it is to teach THIRTEEN guys? She didn't know them at all!" 

"That's different! You knew who we were!" 

"Does it make a difference? Yeah, I knew who you were, but I didn't know how you guys were going to be. You could have all been assholes, for all I knew!" 

"You considered that being a possibility?" 

"With you there wasn't ever a doubt," I growled. 

He clenched his teeth, "You really thought I was an asshole?" 

"Wow. Did the first few weeks of me living here just disappear from your head or what?" 

"You're over reacting, don't you think?" 

"I'm over reacting?" I squeaked, my voice unable to go any higher. "You're unbelievable." 

Did he really want to argue with me about something that had been so obvious? From day one he had always treated me like crap. Those memories that seemed so distant (like almost a year distant), were still quite crisp in my head. 

I remember what it was like moving in, it was nerve wrecking. I was going to live with a dozen grown men, and they also happened to be super stars. Part of me was excited, though. I had become close to Donghae, Yesung, Ryeowook, and Sungmin quickly. I knew that they were going to help me out, and that they were going to make some memorable roommates. I  also knew that Kyuhyun and Heechul hated my guts. I wasn't sure which one did more than the other, but still, it hurt. Every day I'd have to face either one of them, if I was lucky. Most of the time it was both, and at first I didn't really know how to handle it.

Heechul wasn't afraid of saying things blatantly towards me. He'd remind me how much my presence wasn't needed, how it was my fault Zhou Mi and Henry had to live in a separate dorm, how much weight I had gained, how unattractive I looked, EVERYTHING. 

Kyuhyun was a little different. He'd insult me here and there, push me around, order me to do things for him, give me ugly stares, but he never really gave me a solid reason as to why. I was just aware that he didn't like me either. That was until he got sick, and things just kind of started looking up for us. 

"Are you on your period or something?" he blurted annoyed. 

My jaw dropped, "You did NOT just go there, Mr. Cho." 

I pushed myself off the couch, leaving him there, dumbfounded. Never, under any circumstance, do you assume a girl is on her period. Especially when she's pissed. It's just adding gasoline to the fire. He sat up, just as built up as I was. What was his reason for being pissed off? I was the victim here! 

"I think I just did," he retorted. 

"That's it. Enjoy watching Nana by yourself, asshole," I turned on my heel, and stomped to my room. I made sure to slam the door with as much force possible, making my point , that I had been angered, known. 

--  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  

DANIELLE'S POV

"Why are you so stubborn?!" Henry shouted. 

"I'm not being stubborn! I just want a damn job! I want to be independent," I roared.